Last Chapter

By the time Leonard got back to his apartment after hours of riding and having time to be alone it was already 2:45 am.

Sara wasn't there.

A small part of him wanted her to be, even after what he saw earlier.

He entered his house and went straight to his fridge to get a beer. He sat at his table, focusing on nothing.

Why? He asked himself. He knew how he felt about Sara, he just thought Sara had felt the same. He was wrong, he thought.

He took a swig out of his beer.

Everything was going good. Great even! Something always has to come and take that away from him. Leonard tried to look back on the past two and a half months to where it all started, trying desperately to find what he did wrong.

He took another swig out of his beer.

He pushed her away too much? He wasn't there for her? He didn't make her happy? Leonard thought back and he couldn't find a way for as to why Sara would do this to him.

The anger boiling in his blood finally exploded and he threw his unfinished beer against the wall with a grunt.

He took several deep breathes before heading to his room for the night.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤
Next day, 12:06 pm

Ollie: Hey, Sara I know things aren't the best between us right now.... Maybe I can change that? I'm going with my dad to this work thing on his yacht, you can come if you want. Meet me at the docks around 7 if you're interested.

Sara rolled her eyes at the message. Oliver couldn't have better timing now could he?

Sara threw her phone to the floor with the rest of her stuff. She hasn't left her room since she got in last night. Why did she kiss Nyssa back? She thought. She's over her.

Sara's cheeks are stained from dry tears an her eyes are puffy. 

If only she could at least try to explain herself than maybe Leonard can find it in his heart to forgive her. But she can't even find an excuse for herself.

He didn't deserve this. Their relationship was the best Sara has ever had. She was happy. She felt as if she was in control of her own life when she was with him. So why didn't she push Nyssa off of her? Not only did she not push her off, but she kissed back.

Before Sara knew it there was another batch of tears running down her cheeks.

"Baby?" Sara heard her mother give a soft knock from the other side of door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" Sara lied while swallowing around the lump in her throat. "Just stressed is all,"

"You gotta eat something," Her mother told her.

"I'll be out in a sec,"  Sara sat up and looked at her reflection in her mirror.

Her hair was messy and her face was red. And her clothes were wrinkled from not changing out of them from last night.

Sara picked up her phone and once again tried to call him.

"Come on," She muttered. "Pick up,"

"The number you have rea-" She slammed the phone against her desk.

She took a few deep breathes before changing into a new pair of clothes.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

After a lot of her mother's bickering, Sara ate a banana and grabbed a water bottle before she left towards Leonard's  apartment.

When she pulled up she saw that both his bike and car were parked outside.