Aang x Reader

Y/N: Your Name

Y/S/N: Your Sister's Name

            You were sitting in your home, watching your little sister play with her doll.

            "Y/N, can we go to the lake to see the turtle ducks?" She asked you. As much as you did not want to be outside right now, you knew there would be no denying her.

            "Okay, Y/S/N, I'll go change and we'll go see some turtle ducks." You replied. You left the main room of the house and went to the smaller back room where you and your sister slept. You changed into a green tunic with slits on both sides and slipped in a pair of dark green pants. Many of the women in your town had begun wearing them under their dresses the day after we had heard that the Fire Nation had invaded Gaoling, the Earth Kingdom city closest to yours.

            You heard shouting outside. You raised the blinds to see what was happening, when an explosion went off at your feet, destroying the bottom of your tunic and burning your leg. You screamed and ran back into the main room. Your sister was crouching under a table and loudly crying. "Hey, Y/S/N, you have to calm down and follow me. We need to leave town, now." She nodded and you grabbed an emergency pack with money and clothes inside. Together, you ran outside. Your leg felt like it had been turned inside out, but you had to get your sister out. She was too young to be caught in a raid. You looked over your shoulder. Big mistake. You froze in horror as a Fire Nation man with a goatee and thin mustache raced toward you on a Komodo Rhino. You tossed the bag to Y/S/N and told her to run.

            "No! Y/N, you have to come too!" She shouted over the chaos.

            "They'll catch us if we both run! Do you know what those are? Those are Komodo Rhinos. They will catch us easily. If I stay behind, they'll chase me and not you, now go!" She turned and ran. You faced down the creep who was now circling you. Your heart was beating in your ears, and your leg was giving out. You kneeled, waiting for the attack. The man raised a fist that was pointed directly at you. So, he's a firebender. You thought. You crouched into a ball. Suddenly, the ground beneath you began to shake. A rock dome formed around you and you began to hyperventilate. Fire was scary, but small spaces were worse. You screamed and pushed at the rock-dome. After what seemed like forever, the dome disappeared.

            "Hey, you okay?" A voice appeared above your tiny figure. You looked up to see a teen about your age smiling above you. The weird thing was, he was bald and wore clothing that was not made in the Earth Kingdom. He held a long staff and had turquoise-blue tattoos on his head and arms. You gaped at him. Despite his young age, he was ripped. He held out his hand, which you eagerly grabbed. You stood, favoring your injured leg, still holding hands. "I'm Aang. What's your name?"

            You shook your head. Smooth. "I'm Y/N. Did you create the dome?"

            "Actually, that was Toph." He pointed to a short girl with black bangs covering part of her face who was talking to an older guy in all blue who looked like he was doing some bragging. "I would have helped, but Earth is a lot harder to learn that I thought."

            "Wait, you're an earthbender?" You asked. There was no way he was an earthbender.

            "Technically, yes. I'm actually an airbender." You gaped at him. The really cute guy standing in front of you was the Avatar! He stepped closer and you blushed. You were almost nose-to-nose now.

            "T-thank you. You know, for showing up here. They'd still be here if you all hadn't intervened." You stammered. You and Aang were inches apart and your hand was still laced in his. You were blushing really hard now, and you saw that Aang was blushing a little too. You heard wolf whistling and turned to see the guy in blue from earlier waving at you two.

            "Sokka! Sorry, Y/N." Aang was now laughing. He pulled you towards the group. "This is Sokka." Sokka winked at you. Aang pointed to a pretty girl with loops in her hair. "This is Katara..."

            "I like your necklace." You said to Katara. She smiled in return and rested her hand on the pendant.

            "And this is Toph." Aang said, pointing to the short girl from earlier. She was wearing all green, and her eyes were staring straight ahead.

            "I heard you made the dome. Thank you." You said. The corners of her mouth turned up a little bit. You turned back to Aang, realization dawning on you. "Oh no! Aang, my sister! I told her to run, but I don't know where she's going. She's too young to be out here alone!"

            "We'll help you find her." Aang's hand tightened on yours.

            "Hm... okay, but this will take some major adjustments to the schedule." Sokka stated. The others in the group groaned as we made a plan to find Y/S/N.

What do y'all think so far? Will you and the Gaang find your little sister? Will you and Aang get some alone time?

I try to post every week. For most of my stories, Saturday is my post day. Friday will be the update day for this one though.

Any requests for the next Character x Reader story? Should I write for Sokka next? Or maybe Jet? Comment to request. Please vote on this story and check out my other ones!

You know what they say, 'Stay flamin'!