Mako x Reader x Jealous!Bolin Part 2

Requested by: @pink101k and @CaptainWinchester

~~~

Y/N - Your Name

You watched Mako nervously, his cold attitude worrying you. What's his big idea? You'd be pretty pissed at him if he weren't so damn cute. Anyway, you steeled yourself to dodge his first attack. You waited, and waited, staring at him across the probending arena. Without warning, Mako sent three fire bursts directly to your left, forcing you to dodge right. He anticipated this and shot at your feet, forcing you to jump. You were then promptly hit by a fireball, sending you back to the third zone and almost off the arena altogether.

"Mako! Quit it!" Bolin shouted from the stands. Woah! So this is what it's like to be a pro-bender! It's both exciting and terrifying. You jumped back to your feet as Mako advanced to the second zone in your territory. As expected, Mako is AMAZING! You two fought it out for several minutes before you actually managed to knock Mako back a zone. You breathed a sigh of relief when you advanced.

"I'll be okay!" You eventually shouted back. Bolin practically beamed as you danced your way around the arena. Mako wasn't letting up, and you were starting to get tired. If you were going to impress him, you'd have to think like him. How exactly were you going to do that? A bead of sweat made it's way down your cheek as you tried to catch your breath. Mako was still in your territory. You had a thought...

Mako sent another attack towards you, but you twirled out of the way. Catching Mako by surprise, you threw a fire jab at his feet. He jumped to avoid it and created a fire wall to block the same attack he had used on you. As he concentrated on his landing, you sent a fireball onto the ground directly under his feet. Mako was forced to use his own fire to dodge, leaving him open for your real attack. You breathed in, focusing yourself. In one quick motion, you built the lotus flower (made out of flames) and sent it spiraling towards the pro-bender. The shock-wave from the massive amount of energy being expelled sent you back far enough to fall out of the pro-bending ring.

"Aaaaaah!" You screamed as you fell into the water. You hit the water with a loud splash, and curled into a little ball in the frigid water. All of your muscles ached, but you knew you would run out of air if you didn't get to the surface soon. In hindsight, you probably should have gained some more ground before using that hat-trick. Now, you couldn't really move, and the icy water wasn't helping. Your attempts to get back to the surface were getting weaker. Suddenly, the water around you moved on its own, propelling you back up. You gasped when you emerged from the water, trying to take in as much air as possible. Instantly, your head cleared.

"Y/N!" Bolin shouted as he, Avatar Korra, and the others stepped onto a block of ice Korra had made to get over the water. You felt a tug at your arm and looked up to see a soaking wet Mako leaning over you. You wanted to look away, yet you couldn't. It was like watching a tornado or a street-fight, you just couldn't look away. You didn't even realize that Mako had lifted you out of the water, and you'd probably stopped breathing. You weren't quite sure. "Are you okay?" Bolin asked, shaking you out of your trance.

"That was amazing!" Korra shouted. "I gotta know how you did that last move." You looked back at Mako. What happened to him anyway? When did he get all... how did he get like that?

"Y/N... hey, Y/N!" You ignored Bolin, continuing to stare at his brother. Bolin put a hand on your shoulder, looking hurt.

"I'm okay, I'm okay."

--Time Jump--

"So... I was thinking. You, me, and a date?" Bolin asked, once in the upper deck.

"'...and a date?' Do you mean like, three?" You teased.

"No! No, I mean like us... on a date... just us two... together?" Bolin corrected. He was cute, but for you, more like the "friend-type." Despite you being not interested, it still hurt to let him down.

"Um, no. Sorry." Bolin nodded softly, looking disappointed, and walked back towards the door. "Though I wouldn't mind a date with you..." You turned back to Mako, who was standing at his locker. "How about it?" You winked, causing Mako to turn fire-red.

"Uh... um... wha- uh?" This reaction was definitely surprising. You figured he'd be somewhat disinterested, or hopefully he would flirt back. To see him so bashful . You smirked at him. Interesting... "Yeah-yeah! A date would-would be great! Meet outside the stadium tonight?"

"See you then." You heard the door slam loudly behind you. Yikes. Sorry Bolin. You felt bad for him, especially since you thought he'd already left. You glanced back at Mako and smiled. Well, at least you had a nice date to look forward to. You could deal with Bolin another time.

~~~

Hey readers! I'm back! I tried posting this for the longest time now, but my work wouldn't save or publish. I've finally got it working again, and I'm here with a couple of one-shots. I did a bit of writing over the break and now I'm back on campus. Good luck to everyone starting this next semester! Vote and comment!

Stay Flamin'!