YoungZuko x Reader

YoungZuko x Reader

Y/N – Your Name

E/C – Eye Color

You walked into the large throne room and sank down to your knees. You knew better than to look up. Firelord Ozai was notorious for his short temper, although no one dared to tell him that.

"Rise." A raspy voice called from behind the wall of flames. You stood, hands clasped in front of you, head down. You had no idea why the Firelord had called for you. Your hands trembled when you noticed a form coming from the flames. The Firelord was walking directly towards you. "You are from New Ozai, aren't you?" He asked. You nodded your head. "Yes, I remember your family. Your parents have always been faithful to the Fire Nation. I believe that deserves to be rewarded." Your eyes widened. There was a prolonged silence. Do I say something, you thought. You stayed silent. "What is your name, girl?"

"Y/N." You said quietly. Firelord Ozai lifted your chin with his finger, forcing you to look at him. You were shocked by what you saw. Instead of the imposing and fearful king, he just looked like a normal person, except with a gold crown. The room suddenly felt cold, despite the still-burning flames in front of the throne, when you realized how close he was. You wanted to back away so badly. There was something eerie about him, and you just wanted to run away. After a minute of uncomfortable silence, he mercifully released your chin and stepped back.

"As a reward for your family's loyalty, you will be a Lady in Waiting to my daughter, Princess Azula." He said. As if on cue, a girl stepped into the room. She looked no older than eleven, yet she had this deadly aura surrounding her. You bowed to the princess, and even then you were the same height. "Azula, this is your new Lady in Waiting, Y/N. She will be staying at the palace and assisting you with your duties." Azula flashed a smile, which you returned. You turned around to see the Firelord back on his throne. I guess that means we are done, then. You looked to Azula. Her smile had disappeared and she was walking out of the throne room. You quickly followed the princess, bowing to the Firelord as you left.

"So, my last Lady in Waiting was my age. You are the first that has been older than me." Azula said. You decided that you were probably allowed to speak.

"May I ask what happened to your former Lady in Waiting?" You asked, curious to know what drove the former lady away.

"Oh, I see her every now an then." She answered nonchalantly. "Her dad is now the mayor of New Ozai, so she had to move." Wait...was she talking about Mei? You'd never met the brooding girl, but you'd seen her many times. "She'll actually be here in the garden by now." Before you could respond, a voice came from a hallway in front of you.

"Hey, Azula, why did Dad call for you?" A boy stepped from around the corner. He was unbelievably handsome for his age, but then again he looked to be a year or two older than your twelve years. Unlike the new "friends" you had made, he seemed to have this warmth about him that put you at ease.

"Aw. Zuzu, I was meaning to tell you." Azula put a finger to her chin and looked innocently at the boy. Zuzu?

"I told you! Don't call me that! It's ZUKO, not Zuzu." He shouted. Zuko...as in Crown Prince Zuko? You gaped at the prince.

"Yeah, Dad said they finally found your birth family and that you are moving back in with them in a small, dirty Earth Kingdom village." Azula said haughtily.

"I'm not falling for that again, Azula." Zuko snapped. He rolled his eyes and finally noticed you. To your horror, you were still gaping at him. "Are you new at the palace?" He asked you. Azula crossed her arms and pouted, probably because Zuko was no longer paying attention to her. You finally came to your senses and curtsied.

"My name is Y/N. I'm Princess Azula's new Lady in Waiting." You said, hoping you looked and/or sounded graceful. He gave you a half smile that got Azula's attention. You guessed he didn't smile a lot. You returned the smile eagerly, and he blushed slightly. Azula perked up.

"Hey Zuzu, will you play a game with me, Mei, Ty Lee, and Y/N?" She asked. "We need a referee for our game since we already have equal teams."

Once in the courtyard, you got to meet Mei and Ty Lee. Mei was kind of broody and quiet, and Ty Lee was bouncing off the walls. Azula led you to this large fountain in the middle of the courtyard, and put an apple on your head. You could balance it easily enough, but by the way Azula was whispering and giggling with Ty Lee, you did not feel good about this game at all.

"Okay, the game is simple. You just have to knock the apple off your partner's head. Zuzu is here to make sure no one gets hurt." Azula stated. You glanced at Zuko, catching him staring at you. You blushed as he looked away, embarrassed. Azula laughed again. "Y/N is on my team. The method I choose is fire." You cringed. "Oh, don't worry. I'm a natural, right Zuzu?" Zuko glared at his sister. Suddenly, a small blue flame raced off Azula's fingers, heading straight for you. You froze and closed your eyes. You felt the heat above your head, but breathed a sigh of relief when you realized you were not burned. You still felt the apple on your head, however.

A confused look crossed your face when you saw Zuko running towards you. He tackled you, sending you both into the fountain. You landed back-first in the freezing water and heard the sizzle of the fire dying on the apple. The water was shallow, so you were able to prop yourself up on your elbows. You looked up to see a brilliant pair of golden eyes staring down at you. Your E/C eyes widened as you stared at him above you. He was blushing, but still didn't move. His gaze shifted to your mouth for a split second. You felt your face heat up, despite Azula and Ty Lee's taunting. Zuko leaned forward, and your lips met in the middle. You melted into the kiss. As quickly as the kiss happened, however, he pulled away. He quickly climbed out of the fountain, leaving you shocked in a fountain.

"See Ty Lee? I told you it would work! I just never thought it would work that well!" Azula shouted after a retreating Zuko. You stood and stepped out of the fountain.

"Awww! They'd be so cute together!" Ty Lee gushed. You could feel Mei glaring at you, but you couldn't care less. Zuko had just kissed you! You felt like you were floating, you were so happy. Not even Azula's antics could dampen your mood, no matter how much she tried.

~~~

Hey guys! For all readers who are currently in school, we're almost halfway done! (That should be a comforting thought, but it isn't. Anyone else relate?) I don't know about y'all, but I am so ready for Winter Break. Anyway, I hope y'all liked this character x reader. As I'm writing my Aang x AirbenderReader 3, I'm also trying to find more ATLA characters to write about. I'm trying to stick to the younger characters, but there really aren't a whole lot of them. Hmmm. What do y'all think I should do? Have any characters or scenes you want to see happen? Please let me know and thanks for reading! Because of you guys, I have almost 2k readers in a little over three months for this story. Also, check out my Mericcup fanfic.

Thanks for everything!

Stay Flamin'!