YoungAang x Airbender!Reader

Requested by: @NikiLexiChalmers

Y/N - Your Name
E/C - Eye Color

For the sixth time today you caught him, sitting alone. For as long as you've known him, Aang has always been very social. But, ever since he was told that he was the Avatar, he's been distant. You drew in a deep breath. You'll go and talk to him. After all, Avatar or not, he's still your crush.

"Hey, Aang." You said cautiously. He barely gave you a sideways glance. That won't do. You grabbed his airbending staff.

"Hey! Y/N, give that back!" He shouted. He looked like a lemur that had just been hit.

"Only if you talk to me." You begged. You couldn't stand to see him so upset. He nodded and you sat down on the ledge next to him. The temple was pretty busy, like always. Bison and lemurs flying around everywhere. Monks and children running about or meditating. It was so perfect, and Aang will have to protect it all. Not to mention the rest of the world. "So...you're the Avatar."

"That's what the monks told me." He replied.

"So what? You aren't sixteen yet. You have time." His eyes narrowed. "It's a great honor, but it's not one you carry alone." He looked at you in confusion. "You belong to our temple. This is your home. They are your family." You gestured to the people below. He smiled at you.

"You're right!" He said. "But I also carry the responsibility."

"Not alone." You replied. "You have the whole Air Nation. You have me." Aang reached over and grabbed your hand. Your breath caught in your throat. Your hands fit together perfectly, and your heart skipped a beat.

"You're right, again." He looked into your E/C eyes. "I also want my staff back."

"Oh, this?" You asked slyly. He leaned forward to reach it and you moved it back. Soon enough, he was practically on top of you, trying to reach his staff. You brought your other hand under his chin and guided him to you. Your lips met in the middle and you felt like you would explode. Suddenly, Aang began kissing you back. He sat up slowly, bringing you with him. You moved your hand to cup his cheek and he wrapped an arm around your waist. He gently grabbed the staff and pulled away. Both of you were turning bright red at that point.

"By the way..." Aang said shyly. "I like what you did with your hair." He extended the staff's wings and took off, causing the wind to ruffle your skirt. You smiled and sighed. Absentmindedly, you ran a hand over your hair, feeling for the hair loops that you had styled that day. Hopefully, you and Aang would have a great future together.

---

Bonus Scene:

It was the smell of smoke that woke you up. It was the middle of the night and you had spent it trying to look for other clues surrounding Aang's disappearance. You must have fallen asleep. You stood up and grabbed Aang's note. Screams filled the air. You looked out the window to see firebenders making their way through the temple. Every master was trying to defend the temple, but all they could do was dodge. It was just passed midnight, but something was off. You looked to the sky. An enormous comet was tearing across the night sky.

You caught the sound of screams. Men, women, and children...anyone of Airbender origin was being cut down. The many different scenes of death unfolding below you froze you in your tracks. You clutched Aang's note. You had to get away. You had to find him. You took off to the main sanctuary. You'd stay there until the danger passed. Before you could even leave the courtyard, you were cornered by three men in Fire Navy uniforms. They had their fists pointed towards you. You formed an air scooter and tried to scoot away. One of the men grabbed the collar of your shirt and wrapped his other arm around you, cluthing your chest. You shouted your discomfort and tried to push his hand away, disgusted. When that didn't work, you bit him.

"Well, you're feisty, aren't you?" He whispered in your ear. You jumped as he grabbed the seat of your skirt. You kicked and clawed at him as he played with you.

"Okay now let's just end this and move on." One of the other men ordered. The man holding you pinned your arms behind you. Your eyes widened in fear as you watched a fire ball fly towards your face. You closed your eyes and held on to Aang's note. There was an impact, a burn, and then you descended into darkness.

~~~

Well, that took a dark twist. What do y'all think? The first part was so cute though! Please keep voting and commenting! Thanks for reading!

Stay flamin'!