Sokka x Reader

Requested by: AishaTyler17
~~~

Y/N - Your Name

The Southern Water Tribe was booming in population, business, and construction. That was the very reason you traveled across the world to be there. While your heritage was with the Northern Water Tribe, the South had more promise. Besides, since the waterbender massacre, there really weren't any waterbenders in the tribe at all. Even Katara, who was the last Southern waterbender, was off making world peace with the Avatar. You decided that your healing skills and mastery of waterbending were required in the ever-growing tribe.

"Y/N!" The nurse called. "We have one over here. Building accident. His team couldn't find him and he's freezing!" You were currently working in the hospital and healing injuries and illnesses that were too much for the doctors or that required faster action.

"Coming!" You shouted. You worked through the rest of the day and decided to walk home.

"You kids aren't supposed to play here." A voice called from a snow pile. Maybe you sensed danger, or maybe you were just curious. Anyway, you decided to go check out the situation. A tall teenager was looming over a small group of children. "It can get dangerous."

"Hey! Leave them alone!" A voice called from the right. You raised an eyebrow as another teenager stalked bravely over to the bully. Bravely meaning idiotically considering the teen was half the size of the bully. Not joking.

"What are you gonna do about it?" The bully said, pulling out a curved knife. The teen then unsheathed a...boomerang? You face-palmed. That idiot. The teen let out a shout and charged the bully, who just knocked him over. The teen attacked again and again, getting in a few clever hits. Eventually, he threw the boomerang at the bully. It missed and you knew you had to step in. The bully raised his knife and you immediately encased his body in ice. You twirled your arms and the teen was covered in snow.

"Hey! I had him." The teen complained. You looked him over. He was about your age, wore his dark hair in a wolf-tail, and had on a blue coat. Was he from the Northern Water Tribe? He did look slightly familiar... "Hello?" You snapped back to attention.

"Spirits! Let me go!" The bully shouted. By then, the kids had cleared out. You gave him your best glare and pointed a finger at him, causing him to flinch.

"I'll deal with you later. Stay put." You said before turning back to the teen. "You shouldn't do that. You'd get hurt."

"It's happened before. I survived." He said plainly. "My name's Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe." You raised an eyebrow. You thought that it was only women in the tribe before help came. "This is my first time back since I left to help the Avatar." The memory clicked. Of course! You remembered the feast for both Princess Yue's betrothal and the arrival of the Avatar. This was the guy that was hitting on her during the meal.

"Oh! I remember you! You were there when the Fire Nation attacked the Northern Water Tribe." You said. He gaped at you.

"You're from the Northern Tribe?" Sokka asked. You rolled your eyes and splashed him with a quick water-whip and then pointed to the bully, still encased up to his shoulders in ice.

"The waterbending didn't tip you off?"

"Fair point." He said. "Anyways, you never told me your name."

"Y/N" You responded. "-of the Northern Water Tribe."

"Nice to meet you." He said. There was a soft whirring sound a distance behind you. Suddenly, Sokka leaned forward and reached behind your head. He was very close now...not that you were keeping track. You felt a rush of heat on the back of your neck as a blush started to creep up. As soon as he was there, he pulled away, boomerang in hand. You glared at his cute, smirking face. "What's wrong?" You blushed fiercly and turned away.

"Nothing...you're welcome by the way." I said.

"For what?"

"For saving your ass." You quirked an eyebrow. He smirked at you again.

"Normally, I wouldn't be okay with that." You looked at Sokka questioningly.

"But now..." You prompted him.

"Now it means that I owe you a date." Sokka winked at you. "What do you say?" You smiled and nodded. To this, Sokka leaned in and gave you a slow kiss on the cheek. Your eyes widened and you felt your face heat up. He pulled back and smirked at you. "I'll come find you for that date." He promised as he walked away. "See you later, Y/N!"

"Hey! Hello? I'm still in ice!" The bully shouted as you walked away.

~~~

Hey everyone! I'm getting a ton of requests now!!!! Yay! This is so great! Thank y'all so much for reading and commenting!

Stay flamin'!