Sokka x Reader

Requested by: @GirlySans555

Y/N - Your Name
H/C - Hair Color
E/C - Eye Color

The door to your cell opened quickly. Great. What now? The guard entered your small cell and closed the door behind him. Spirits, the guards are so annoying here.

"Well? I don't remember breaking any rules. Why are you here?" You sat up slowly. The guard walked towards you.

"My friend said you'd be here." Okay, now he was too close. You jumped up and tackled him. Once he was pinned down, you ripped his helmet off.

"Who are you?"

"Hey, my name's Sokka. I'm here with Zuko." He answered nervously. Zuko? The whole reason you were in the Boiling Rock was because your family hoped to catch Zuko by luring him here. You were old family friends, so it was likely that Zuko might come for you if you were in trouble.

"Zuko? He's here?"

"Yeah! And we're here to rescue you and my dad." Sokka replied. You stood up and helped Sokka. You gave him a quick once-over. He was actually really cute. Even though the prison guard armor was a bit bulky on everyone, he still seemed to wear it well. To be honest, you were a little more curious about what he looked like without the armor than you probably should have been at the time.

"Sorry I tackled you, then. I didn't know you were my knight-in-shining-armor." You smiled at him. He grinned at you, slightly blushing.

"Well, we'll need your help." Sokka sat down, suddenly serious.

--Time Jump--

"Well it works, at least." You stared at the riot in front of you. You felt a hand grab you from behind and flipped the owner over your shoulder. "Pervert." You spat, kicking the idiot on the ground.

"You should look into that." Sokka's father said to him. Your heart skipped a beat. You looked back and winked at Sokka, letting him know you'd heard the conversation.

"Y/N!" Zuko shouted, arriving at your side.

"Zuko! It's nice to see a friendly familiar face." You greeted your long-time friend. Zuko gave you a small smile and you turned your attention back to Sokka.

"Good! We're all here. Let's go." Sokka shouted.

—Time Jump—

The gondola lurched, causing everyone fighting on top of the roof to loose their balance. Thinking quickly, you used that momentum to head-butt Ty-Lee's stomach. She shrieked and fell off the side, grabbing the bottom of the open window. Hakoda reached out and grabbed her wrists, securing her. "Nice!" You shouted, giving him a thumbs-up.

"They're about to cut the line!" You heard Sokka shout. You stood up, horrified. You were less than a minute away from being dropped somewhere around fifty yards into boiling hot water. Wonderful.

"Ty-Lee, we're leaving." Azula ordered. Suddenly, Ty-Lee flipped up onto the roof and propelled herself onto a passing gondola, where Azula waited for her. You turned your attention to the prison deck. A figure fought off the guards, protecting the gondola you were standing on.

"Y/N, come on!" Sokka called to you. You slowly lowered yourself into the gondola. "What's going on?"

"Mei." Zuko whispered. Suddenly, the gondola started moving again. You lurched forward, losing your balance. You hit something hard and felt strong arms wrap around you.

"Woah! You okay?" You looked up at Sokka. He ran his hand through your H/C hair. "Y/N?" You pushed away from him, your heart pounding.

"I-I'm fine, I'm fine." You steadied your breathing. Every time you'd seen Sokka, you'd gotten nervous. Maybe it was his blue eyes...?

"I doubt your family would approve. He's Water Tribe." Zuko said quietly. Your families had always been close, so you and Zuko had grown up together. He knew as well as you what your parents would think of your choices. You sent him a defiant look.

"So what? Screw them. They're the reason I'm here in the first place." You retorted. Zuko shrugged and walked away, defeated.

"So...um..." Sokka started, once you all were safely en-route to the Western Air Temple. "Would you... like to do... an activity together sometime?" Wait, was he trying to ask you out? If so, he was pretty awkward about it. Somehow it was still so cute.

"Do you mean a date?" You asked, looking over your shoulder. Sokka took a deep breath and looked into your E/C eyes.

"Yes, I'm asking you out on a date." Sokka replied. Your eyes widened. How had he gone from being shy and awkward to being so confident and collected? Your smile widened.

"Yes. Yes, I'd love to."

~~~
Hey readers! I'm currently going through all of my requests and writing them, so expect more shoutouts in the next couple of one-shots! I'm also giving y'all a heads-up about a really cool four-shot series that are coming soon! I'll give you a hint, I'm collaborating on this one! We're currently editing our first part, but it looks so good! Stay tuned! Vote and comment! I'm always up for requests, so if you have an idea, let me know!

As always, Stay flamin'!