Haru x Reader

Y/N – Your Name

You were sitting on a small carpet in your room enjoying some tea when your mother burst through the door.

"Y/N! They're all back! The earthbenders from the village, they're here!" She screamed. You jumped up, spilling tea on the floor. At least it missed your tunic. You ran outside, looking for someone in particular. Suddenly, you felt strong arms wrap around you and you were lifted off the ground. You shrieked, gaining a laugh from the person behind you. You turned around to see the one person you were looking for.

"Haru! You're back!" You threw your arms around his neck and he jumped in surprise before hugging you back. "Thank spirits you're okay." You stepped back, taking in his appearance. His normal clothes were replaced with what you assumed was prison-wear. He had a slight mustache growing in, which you realized was actually really hot. You shook your head to keep from staring. Tears pricked at your eyes.

"I'm so glad to see you too Y/N...What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I was so worried. I had no idea what happened until I was told that the Fire Nation had taken you." You looked away. You'd always had a crush on Haru, but you two were just good friends. You had accepted that a while ago. Yet somehow, those old feelings had resurfaced once he was taken. Haru took your hand in his.

"You were worried about me?" He smiled at you. You smiled back and nodded your head. He tapped his heel into the ground and small rocks rose from the flat ground under your heels, causing you to stumble forward. Once you regained your balance, you looked up at Haru. There was no way he was getting away with using his earthbending to trip you. Before you could say anything, you stopped short. Your noses were nearly touching. You felt your face heat up, and your breath hitched. He glanced at your mouth and slowly leaned in. Before you knew it, he was kissing you. Everything fell away as you melted into the kiss.

He pulled away, and the world came back to you. You heard a few whistles and claps, a little bit of giggling, but mostly the sound of footsteps headed your direction.

"I'm guessing this is her." You heard the deep voice of Haru's father. Haru, in turn, blushed. You smiled at Tyro. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised." You laughed and laced your fingers through Haru's.

"It's nice to see you too, Tyro. I'm glad you're back." You replied.

"I'm glad to be back, Y/N." Tyro answered.

Haru gave your hand a small squeeze and began to walk away. You waved back to Tyro as Haru led you away.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"I haven't been home in quite some time, and I think you should come back with me." He replied. You laughed as you ran alongside Haru, happy that he was home.

~~~

Hey everybody! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, school has been crazy. It took a little while to do a character x reader for Haru, but he's such an underrated character that I thought I should add him. Let me know what y'all think, and comment if there is another character you would want to see.

Stay Flamin'!