Tahno x Reader (Katara's Daughter) Part 1

Requested by: @TheCraftySongbird

~~~

Y/N - Your Name

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Laogai Lion Vultures!" The pro-bending commentator shouted, causing the audience in the stands to cheer loudly. "We've been seeing great things from these rookies, especially from their star waterbender: Y/N!" You smiled and waved, putting on a show. Looking back, you found the Dai Li agent in the stands and nodded to him. You knew exactly what the consequences were if you and your team didn't perform.

"We can't lose this match. Stay active out there, both of you, or we'll all suffer the consequences." You warned your teammates.

"But Y/N... you know who we're up against!" The firebender on your team whispered. "No one has ever lasted more than one round against-"

"Their opponents, and so far the most talented and successful team with a streak of zero losses, the White Falls Wolfbats!" The commentator called over the excited screams of the crowd. "This is going to be a difficult fight for the Lion Vultures. The Wolfbats have not lost a single match since starting their pro-bending career, and the Lion Vultures' waterbender will be up against the Wolfbats' waterbender: Tahno! This will definitely be an exciting match for sure, folks!"

"Come on, let's get this over with." Tahno sighed, flipping his hair. Did he really think he looked cool doing that?

"There's no need to worry. This will be over with quickly. Let's try not to hurt them too badly." You bragged out loud. It was a bluff, but it still had its desired effect. Tahno glared at you, furiously.

"Benders, ready!" Everyone got into their respective fighting stances. "Fight!" The crowd cheered and everyone in the ring jumped into action. Tahno attacked you immediately, sending a barrage of strikes towards you. You redirected and sent it back to him. When he did the same, you sent the water jab back and added a pointed jab of your own directly after. Tahno anticipated the first attack, but didn't notice the second, which hit him full force.

"Yes!" You whispered as Tahno flew back into the second zone. You dodged an earth disk and looked to your team, who were both in the second and third zones. Damn.

Tahno's team then targeted you, and you were soon dodging water, earth, and fire attacks. You and the rest of the team then worked together to knock the other Wolfbats back to join Tahno. The green light appeared in front of you, and you advanced. Your teammates got to advance one zone as well, and you relaxed at seeing the earthbender on your team move away from the back of the ring.

"This is unbelievable, folks! The Lion Vultures have knocked the Wolfbats back! Y/N, the Lion Vultures' waterbender, has moved into Wolfbat territory!" The crowd cheered you on as you continued to fight in the red zone. You dodged and attacked at close range until an earth disk caught you by surprise, hitting you in the stomach. You were pushed back to the line separating the zones, but an earth disk struck you in the back, stopping you.

"Thanks!" You called back to the earthbender on your team.

"Stay active!" He shouted back. You refocused on the Wolfbats and the timer sounded, ending the first round.

"Wow! This is amazing, ladies and gentlemen. Not only have the Lion Vultures survived a round with the Wolfbats, but they even won the round!"

You were breathing really hard in the stuffy uniform. Despite winning the round, you were tired. Both your stomach and back popped when you moved, and your arms were starting to shake. After a minute, both your team and Tahno's had moved to their respective lines. Tahno noticed you watching him and nodded in respect, taking you by surprise. It seems like he's not all bad, then. The bell sounded, signaling the next round. This time, you attacked first, aiming for the firebender. He tried to block your water with his fire and ultimately created a fog in the arena.

"What's this? For those listening in, the arena is covered in mist! The Lion Vultures' waterbender seems to have attacked the Wolfbats' firebender, creating a smoke screen!"

The referee cleared the mist quickly and you resumed your advance, sending the firebender back to the third zone. You hoped to catch Tahno by surprise again and attacked him while he was defending against the earthbender on your team. He was hit by your jab, but didn't move a muscle. His heels were encased in ice, keeping him in his position! That was an illegal move! You glanced at the referee, who was doing nothing. Did he not see? Did anyone see that? You got your answer pretty quickly.

"Oh no! Tahno was hit by Y/N, but didn't move at all! He used ice, an illegal technique, to keep in place. However, the referee won't call it!" The commentator's and audience's eyes were trained on this fight. Tahno sent an onslaught towards you, which hit you full force. You could feel small objects hitting you and scratching your suit. You fell back to the second zone. Rocks? What are the Wolfbats doing? Is this how they won matches, by cheating? The referee still would not penalize Tahno. The earthbender on your team soon joined you, and the bell tolled. That round seemed so much shorter. What is going on? You made eye contact with your teammates, all probably thinking the same thing: that you did NOT want to suffer at the hands of the Dai Li.

"The second round goes to the Wolfbats! We now go into a tie-breaker round! Lets flip the coin!" The referee threw the double sided coin in the air. One side red, one side blue. Oh, please land on blue! You really needed to be able to choose the element. Hopefully, the firebender on your team would be able to fight theirs. She was the team member with the least amount of injuries versus the Wolfbats' firebender who seemed to have the most. The referee caught the coin.

"Red!" He shouted, motioning to the Wolfbats'. Flying hog-monkeys! You knew what Tahno was going to say even before he said it.

"Water."

~~~
Hey readers! It's one day before Halloween! I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty excited. So, there was a lot I wanted to write about this one. I figured part 1 could be more focused on the pro-bending match (so that I could get really detailed about the fighting), and then the rest in a part 2. I hope y'all stay safe and have fun tomorrow night! Vote and comment!

Stay flamin'!