Jet x Reader

Jet x Reader

Y/N - Your Name

You had been watching that little town for a while now. It had been an Earth Kingdom town once, but it was now being controlled by the Fire Nation. You felt your stomach growl like a platypus bear.

"Great." You whispered. You'd need food soon. The sweet smell of fresh-picked fruit led you to a small camp near the town. Fire Nation soldiers circled around a fire and ate berries and fruits. Your stomach growled again. Off to the side was a small pile of fruit, untouched. You saw the trap, but you didn't really care. As long as you got to eat, you'd be okay.

You picked your way carefully through the forest and finally reached the fruit. You practically jumped at it. Unfortunately, you expected a hanging trap. You shrieked as you fell down a deep hole. You gulped down the fruit. It was gone by the time the soldiers arrived at the trap.

"Well, well, well. We were hoping to catch a hog monkey, but we got an Earth Kingdom girl instead." One man chuckled.

"She'd make a pretty little addition to the camp." Another soldier added. You pulled your knees to your chest and tried to look as small as possible. You couldn't forget what the Fire Nation did to your home and to your family.

"You guys, she was just trying to get some food. No need to harm her." A younger soldier protested. Was he being...nice? No. You shook your head. The Fire Nation was not nice. This must be a trick.

"Who are you boy?" The first soldier asked.

"I'm newly trained. They lowered the age in my villiage and I was sent here to help with controlling the younger population. I've practiced with dual swords." The young soldier jumped down into the hole with you. He looked down and winked. "Come on out." You grabbed his hand and you both climbed out of the hole.

"Now what, smart guy?" The soldier asked. The younger soldier smirked and drew his dual swords. They were curved at the end. He took off his helmet and your breath caught in your throat. "Now, we take the camp." Kids practically rained down from the trees. There were close to twenty total. You looked at the teen next to you. He looked about your age with long brown hair, and warm brown eyes. He held his swords upside down, with the sharp handles pointed up. He quickly turned his swords around and everyone attacked.

"Get 'em!" He shouted.

"Yah!" The kids replied as the jumped on the confused soldiers. By now, you had realized that the handsom guy that saved you was not part of the Fire Nation. He rushed off, taking out Fire Navy soldiers like it was nothing. Despite the chaos around you, you could not take your eyes off the boy. Within a few minutes, the kids had chased the soldiers off. Cheers rang throughout the camp as the victory party began. You sat on the ground, confused. What's going on!!!!

"Hey." The younger soldier whispered behind you. You jumped and turned to him. He had gotten rid of the uniform and was wearing a red, long sleeve shirt with shoulder pads on both sides. He picked up a blade of grass and stuck it in the corner of his mouth. "I'm Jet, and these are my Freedom Fighters." You blushed as he helped you off the ground. "We're all survivors of the Fire Nation."

"Wow. I'm Y/N." You said. "Um..." You were speechless. Other than the fact that Jet just saved you, he was still standing inches away from you. Jet laughed and you looked away in embarrassment. At that moment, you saw a flash of red in the tree behind Jet. What?...

"Are you from the town?" He asked. You could still hear the Freedom Fighters exploring and celebrating behind you. You started to answer when you saw the figure in the tree draw back what looked like a bow.

"Watch out!" You shouted as you tackled Jet. You felt a sting on the side of your waist. You landed next to Jet. He sat up with a confused look until he noticed the arrow embedded in the grass. Jet threw one of his swords in the direction of the attacker. The sound of the sword hitting the tree affirmed that the archer was gone.