Sokka x VillainReader Part 3

You sat, arms crossed, on a rock in the Western Air Temple. To make matters worse, Sokka was sitting across from you, scowling.

"So..." You started awkwardly. Sokka stood and leaned over you. Just a couple more minutes.

"My necklace." Sokka answered coldly. Spirits, you hated him!

"Aw. I quite like it." You teased. His expression didn't waver. "Ugh. Fine." You untied the ivory necklace and handed it over. Sokka snatched it angrily. You two continued to sit and stare at each other. It very quickly pissed you off. "Well?" You asked after what felt like a lifetime. "Out with it." At that, Sokka seemed to explode.

"You and your group ambushed us while we were on our way to the capital, you stole my necklace and sword, attacked us again, and injured Toph!" He shouted at you. You glared at him. Despite everything, you still couldn't shake your hatred for Sokka. If it weren't for him, your father would still be alive. Rage boiled up inside you. You went over your plan in your head again.

"Fine. You want to settle this?" You challenged him. "Just you and me. Whoever can trap the other wins a favor from the one that lost. Whatever the winner requests, the loser has to comply." Sokka nodded.

"Fine. I know a place." He turned and beckoned you to follow. You clenched your fists and stalked after him. He led you through the Air Temple and to the surface. Above the temple was a large, mainly bare, field. He's right, this would be perfect. You noted some dry grass nearby. Remember that.

"Sokka!" You heard Katara shout, running towards you two. "What are you doing?"

"They're going to fight." Toph stated plainly, shooting Sokka a look. Spirits! How does she sneak up on you like that? She's blind!

"What? That's crazy! Sokka-" Katara was interrupted by Sokka.

"Trust me." You focused on him. What is he planning?

"No interference." You warned. Sokka nodded to Katara and Toph before unsheathing his sword. You still itched to hold the sword. As far as Sokka knew, you were defenseless. The two of you squared off. Suddenly Sokka rushed towards you, letting out a war cry. You would have laughed, but you barely had the time to get your knife and block. Sokka's eyes widened when his sword was stopped dead by your knife. You pushed hard against the sword, forcing him back. You could practically see the gears turning in Sokka's head. You refused to give the strategist time to think. You rushed him, swiping at him with your knife and retreating to the side. You continued this pattern over and over, taking advantage of your superior speed and agility. Without time to think properly, Sokka started to lose his nerve and began swinging the sword randomly. You ducked under his legs and scratched his calf before standing behind him.

"Aaugh!" He shouted, clearly in pain. You took advantage of this and pulled his arm behind his back before putting your knife against his neck. You tried to keep your hand from trembling. You realized the position you were in and tried to calm down. You'd made peace with taking a life when Sokka's sword came home instead of your father.

"Sokka!" Katara shouted, running towards you. You turned your head and glared at her.

"Katara nothing you do is going to work! You can't separate them without hurting Sokka or worse!" Toph shouted. Katara cupped her hands over her mouth and sank to her knees. You clenched your jaw. She wasn't making this easy. You turned your attention back to Sokka, who was trembling. You held the knife tighter and tried to drown out Katara's cries.

"I'll do it! Don't come near me, I'll do it!" You shouted. Sokka stiffened, and you held tight to your hate. There was no backing out now.

"I get it. I know what you're thinking. Y-your father was on one of the airships we destroyed..." You already knew this. "I guess that's something we have in common." What?