Mako x Reader x JealousBolin Part 1

Requested By: @A_prettylittleliar
~~~

Y/N - Your Name
F/C - Favorite Color

You strolled through the hallways of the Pro-bending Arena before the match, your backstage pass around your neck.

"This is so cool!" You smiled. You were actually backstage! Whenever there was a match, you always tried to listen in on the radio. Well, a couple months ago, you called and won a ticket and pass to see the pro-benders. Tonight was the Fire Ferrets versus the Wolfbats, and you were exploring pre-match. You massaged your hands. You were so excited!

"Are you allowed to be back here?" You heard a cold voice ask behind you. You turned sharply to see a girl in a red uniform behind you. Now, you'd never actually been to a match, but you knew the Fire Ferret colors! You gaped at the waterbender. No way. This girl: the one who joined your favorite Pro Bending team a couple months ago, the master waterbender, and of course the most powerful bender in the world was five feet away. Avatar Korra. You stopped gaping and finally answered.

"Yeah, I have a pass." You held up the slip of paper proudly. After a minute, Avatar Korra smiled.

"Oh okay. Cool! So, are you the waterbender?" She asked. You shook your head, remembering the qualifications for the pass. One waterbender, one earthbender, and one firebender would recieve backstage passes and train with the Fire Ferrets the day after the match. "Alright, so which one are you?" Avatar Korra continued. Her eyes and smile widened as you held out your hand and created a small flame. That's right, you're a firebender.

"It's really nice to meet you, Avatar Korra. I'm Y/N." You introduced yourself.

"Just Korra will work." She replied before pointing behind you. "While I could probably still help you with the firebending training, I think you're supposed to be with him." You turned around and your heart stopped. Standing right behind you, literally inches from you, was Mako. Your attention was diverted when Bolin peeked out from behind Mako. To Bolin's apparent dismay, you turned back to Mako.

"You're the firebender?" He asked coldly, looking elsewhere. You shook off your nerves, straigtened your F/C jacket, and cleared your throat, getting his attention.

"I have a name, you know." You said, standing on your toes. Mako was about a head taller than you, so you had to try to be taller just to see him. "Do you want to know what it is?" You winked and watched Mako's eyes widen at your attempt at flirting. Shit.

"T-The match is going to start soon." Mako replied quickly before rushing off.

"Maybe I'd like to know your name..." Bolin suggested quietly, appearing beside you.

"Bolin!" Mako shouted from a distance.

"Oh! Later, then. Wish me luck..." Bolin put a hand next to his mouth, like he was going to tell you a secret. "...Not that I'll need it." He strutted towards Mako, clearly very confident with himself. Overall, he just looked silly. You turned back to Korra, who was openly gaping at you. She let out a short laugh and gave you a quick side-glance.

"You should go to your seat. Down that hall and to the left." She turned and pouted a little. Whoops. What's that for? You shrugged and wished her good luck before running to your seat.

--Time Jump--

You were standing in the Arena gym alongside Korra, Bolin, Mako, Mizushi (the waterbender boy on your pseudo-team), and Daruka (the earthbender boy on your pseudo-team).

"So, for now, just tell us what you can do so far." Mako said, crossing his arms. Bolin gave Daruka a thumbs-up.

"You wanna go first? How about you show us what you can do?" He asked. Daruka nodded and stepped forward. Piles of earth disks lay in front of him. Daruka stomped his foot on the ground and three rose into the air. He focused on a net a couple meters away and threw the disks, hitting the center of the net each time. Bolin nodded, impressed. "That was great! Next time, don't stay so flat-footed. You'd be a sitting-turtle-duck. Keep on your toes, and you'll be able to dodge attacks easier."

"Alright, your turn." Korra said to Mizushi. "Show me what you've got." You watched as he practically put on a water show. When he finished, he made a muscle for Korra and winked. She smirked at him and made a muscle back. You choked back laughter. Her biceps were actually bigger than Mizushi's! He looked so embarrassed. Poor guy. You turned your attention to Mako, rubbing your hands as you waited for him to call your turn. You'd already worked out a flower-flame combo that you'd wanted to show him, as well as a couple tricks up your sleeve.

"I'm going to do this differently." He stated. Korra and Bolin glanced at him, like they already knew what he was going to say. Wonderful. "Come with me." He led you out of the gym and to the arena hexagon. "Let's spar."

~~~
Hey readers! So, this one's another LoK one-shot. I only do these by request so let me know by commenting on any of the chapters. I'm also working on the other requests, so they're coming! How's summer going for y'all? Comment here! I'll keep updating as I finish each one-shot! Remember to vote and comment!

Stay flamin'!