Aang x AirbenderReader Part 1

It had been two years since Avatar Aang and his friends stopped the war with the Fire Nation, but not everything was perfect. While everyone in the Earth Kingdom was happy that the soldiers were coming home, many still resented the Avatar for being gone so long. Everything that had to do with the Avatar or really anything tied to the airbenders at all was forbidden in Ba Sing Se. Since the only airbender was Aang, no one had a problem with it. Well, except you.

You worked at a flower shop in the upper ring and lived in the owner's guesthouse. It had taken a long time to earn your position, so you were very careful to hide your airbending. Once your shift was over, you often went into a large field outside the outer wall of Ba Sing Se. It was dangerous during the war, but it was even more so now.

You walked out onto the field, away from the walls. The tall grass tickled your knees and you breathed a sigh of relief. You lived for this time. Airbending was the last thing you had of your parents who had risked everything to hide the family lineage. Eventually, it had gotten out that your mother was the granddaughter of Monk Gyatso, and your parents were taken from you.

You practiced your breathing, and felt the air around you shift. You crossed your legs and sat down. The wind picked up and you brought your fists together, creating a bubble of air around you. You opened your eyes to see the grass practically flat around you, and released the air.

"Hey, you! Over there!" A guard called from the top of the outer wall. "Guys, I found the airbender! I saw her!" Dia Lee Agents suddenly appeared on the side of the wall and started sliding towards you. You panicked and made two thin air disks, which you then attached to your feet. (You had made up your own airbending move that you liked to call "air skates" which you put on the side of your feet. They had the same effect as the air scooter.) You raced off across the field, jumping over Dia Lee agents and dodging their "earth fists".

Eventually, the earthbenders tired you out, and an earth fist hit you square in the back. You collapsed, blacking out.

~Time Skip~

You opened your eyes to find yourself in a prison cell. It was small, grey, and had a thin slot at the bottom for what you could assume would be food. You made a move for the door, but there was no handle. You figured it was made for people other than earthbenders, considering the only way out was to earthbend.

"Longfeng, sir." You heard a voice whisper nearby. "We found an airbender girl. She has been placed nearby, as you ordered." Your eyes widened. You were brought here on Longfeng's order? He was the head of the Dia Lee until he betrayed the Earth King. Why is the Dia Lee still under his influence? There is no way the Earth King knows about this.

"Fool! She could be awake. Do not let her hear you." A deep voice called out. Without making a sound, you scrambled back to your sleeping position and closed your eyes. You heard the sound of earth moving, but you dared not react.

"She is still unconscious, sir." Your heard the voice whisper again. The earth shifted back and you opened your eyes.

"Are they here?" Longfeng asked.

"The Avatar and his friends, including the new Firelord are here in Ba Sing Se, sir." The voice replied.

"Good. Carry out the rest of the plan. Have the rest of the Dia Lee waiting in case of a fight." Longfeng ordered. You sat in the dark, wondering what Longfeng had in mind for you.

~

Hey guys! Sorry for the late post, yesterday was pretty busy. I'm planning on making this one a three-part story. Aang will be introduced in part 2, so don't worry. J If there are any characters you want to read about, please comment. I take requests!

Stay flamin'!