17.

Drew and I ran off into the sun set holding hands. It was the most romantic date I had ever been on, that it didn't seem real whatsoever.

We stopped in the middle of the field surrounded by gorgeous flowers while facing each other. We rested our foreheads onto each other's as we panted. I stared into his deep blue-ish green-ish eyes as he stared into my dark brown ones. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around the back of his neck while elevating onto my tiptoes. Our breaths mixed into each other's as our lips got closer.

"Jess!" I heard someone call my name. I turned my head to see who it was.

"Jess," they said again, this time they sounded like they were right in front of me; their tone was more gentle and luring this time.

Was it Drew calling me? No, it didn't sound like him. I turned back to the man in my arms.

My eyes widened as I saw it was not Drew standing in front of me holding me in his arms anymore, but it was Connor.

He kept saying my name. His voice getting louder each time.

"Jess...Jess...Jess."

He grabbed my shoulder and shook me.
.
.
.
"Huh, what!?" I sat up immediately. I looked at Connor who was kneeling down beside me.

"Good morning Ms. Russett," he smiled without showing any teeth.

"Morning," I said blinking my eyes multiple times while shaking my head, as if I could shake off the dream too.

The dream made me feel a little uncomfortable. Of course Connor would ruin my dream date with Drew. Why'd he even showed up in my dream?

I pushed the thought away as Connor began to speak. "Look, Kyle found some fish, and they're cooking it on some contraption that Kyle and Paige made. They used aluminum foil, a container, plastic wrap, and the sun! Cool huh?"

"That's amazing!"

I look over at the short guy near the cooking fish and smiled at him, and he smiled back. He had brown bowl-cut hair. His name must be Kyle.

I turned my head to look at the girl whose name had to be Paige. She had blond hair that was pulled back into a long braid that cascaded down her back. She also had glasses with a black frame.

"So how'd you get the fish?" I asked.

"My dad showed me some of his fishing techniques back in the day," Kyle answered.

"Good thing he did!" The muscular man commented. I still don't know his name.

I nodded and walked over to his solar oven to get a closer look. The aroma of the fish caused my stomach to growl very loudly.

"That smells really good!" I told Kyle.

He smiled at me.

"Your welcome to eat some you know," Paige noted.

"Aw sweet," I said as I took a piece and threw it into my mouth. It was surprisingly delicious.

"Since Kyle knows how to get food and cook it, we just need to worry about our water supply," Paige stated. "How much water do we have, Brian?"

"Um...3 gallons," the muscular man responded.

So his name is Brian. Remember that, Jess.

"Since we only have that amount of water, we need to reduce the amount of physical activity we do," Kyle instructed us but mostly directing it towards Brian.

"But I need to steer us towards land," Brian reasoned.

"We can use a sail with one of the blankets to guide us places."

"But there's no wind," Paige noticed.

"There will be some, but it doesn't matter because we need to keep Brian from over working under the hot sun. He'll be a lot more thirsty than us and he could get a sun burn," Kyle said strictly.

We all knew to listen to him because he has a lot of knowledge on survival skills, if you hadn't noticed already.

I hope we'll be able to survive until help arrives.