22.

Another day since the crash. Day number six to be exact. I have decided to keep a tally of the days on a flat stone I found. I left it by a palm tree close the camp site.

We are all eating some of the bananas that the boys found as our breakfast. Since Connor and I still aren't talking to each other, small conversation has been made. Every time someone tried to start talking about a subject, the discussion quickly died down.

"I'm gonna go take a walk," I say to everyone after finishing my banana.

"Ok," each one of them says.

I stand up and walk along the path that we formed from walking on it so many times.

I breathe in the fresh air as I listen to the rhythm of my feet crunching the dirt under them. It's my way of attempting to calm down from all the stress that has built up from all that has happened.

Surprisingly, it kind of works.

After a little while, I reach the waterfall and sit on a nearby rock. I lean back and rest my head on the rock since it's big enough and close my eyes.

It's been six days already, why hasn't help come? The cruise ship would've already made its way back by now, so why hasn't anyone come for us? People should be searching for the ship that never came back and the people who were in it, right?

I let out a huge sigh.

"Whatcha' thinking about?" voice asks me while startling me.

I eyes immediately open and I sit up to face the person.

"You followed me?" I asked Connor.

"Well I-uh-I..." he mumbled while rubbing the back of his neck. "Only because I wanted to talk to you."

"Ok. What about?"

"About um...what happened the other night."

"Oh, um, I'm really sorry about that. I don't know why I did that. It wasn't fair to you or Drew. I was being stupid."

"Oh," he said looking really disappointed.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I know. I understand. You're just trying to be loyal to your boyfriend. He's really lucky to have a girl like that."

I look down at my feet while neither one of us says a word. I can feel the tension in our silence.

"Listen," Connor said breaking our silence, "the reason I brought the subject up is because I want is to be friends again. Ever since we, uh, kissed, we've done nothing but avoid each other. So can we just forgive and forget?"

I look up at him and smile. I'm glad he wants us to be friends again. "Yeah, sounds great."

"So, you want to head back to the camp?"

"Yeah sure." I get up from the rock and walk by his side. Good thing that kiss didn't ruin our friendship. He is a really good friend to me.

As we walk back to the camp site, I notice there are more people there. As we approach them, I am able to see who they are.

"JC!" I yell while running to him and hugging him. "Oh my gosh I can't believe, I mean, how did you, where did you, what-"

"Great to see you too," JC said chuckling and hugging me tighter.

"Hey, what about me?" Jenn asked pretending to be an exaggerated hurt.

I hold an arm out for her to join JC and I.

"How'd you guys get here?" I ask.

"Well, we were on our last bit of food and hope, when we saw land. Then we made our way to it, and before you know it, we're hear!" JC answered.

"We meant to tell you guys but you know, you had other things you needed to do," Paige said hinting towards our mending of our friendship.

JC and Jenn gave Connor and I suspicious looks. I gave them a look that meant to say "I'll explain later".

They both give me a slight nod.