31.

Jesselynn's POV

I woke with the sun peeking through the cracks in the curtains of my window. I sat up from my deep slumber and began to yawn.

As I started to stretch, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said while patting down my hair.

"Good morning sweetie," my mom greeted as she entered the room.

"Morning."

"I have some, uh, news. It's about a girl named Paige Varley and a boy named Kyle Jones. They were with you on the island after the ship incident, correct?"

I nodded feeling very worried.

"And they didn't make it on the rescue plane with the rest of you."

I nodded again.

"Well, when they were found, there had been an accident. They boy, Kyle Jones, ended up slipping on a small mountain of rocks during a climb. Honey, he hit his head and is now in a coma," my mom informed as a tear trickled down her cheek.

"What!? Oh my gosh. I knew we shouldn't have left them. It all my faul-"

"Sweetie," my mom had cut me off, "it was no body's fault. It was an accident that no one could've prevented."

I began to cry.

"There there honey," my mom said as she hugged me. "The people who called had informed us that you may go visit him if you'd like."

"Yes I would. Do the others know?"

She shrugged. "If not, they'll find out eventually."

"Ok."

"I'm going to get some breakfast. Would you like anything?" she asked.

"A yogurt please."

She nodded and shut the door behind her as she left.

Just then, I heard my ringtone go off. I picked up my phone and noticed it was JC who was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jess. Sorry I didn't answer yesterday. Something...came up."

Oh yeah. Connor.

"Yeah, what happened?"

"Um, I'll talk about it later. Right now, I need to talk about something else. Did you hear about Kyle?"

I gulped. "Yes."

"You gonna visit him? I can drive you if you need. I'm taking Kian's car."

"Yeah that sounds great."

"Ok. Pick you up at five."

"K."

Connor's POV

"JC you were supposed to take a left," I instructed him as I adjusted my seatbelt.

"Yeah, I know," he responded aggravated.

"So why didn't you?"

"I told Jess that'd I'd pick her up too."

I groaned. I'm not in the mood for the awkwardness that is coming up soon.

"Sorry bro, but she is still my friend," JC defended himself.

"I know," I said annoyed and turned the radio on.

Before I knew it, we were already at her house.

She climbed into the car and greet us. I responded not so enthusiastically and then looked out the car window.