23.

Day seven

"So spill it. What's the deal with you and Connor?" Jenn asked.

Jenn, JC, and I are sitting by a tree somewhat deep in the forest. We decided to talk about what happened in a more private area.

"Yeah, seriously. Why did you guys need that "time to talk"?" JC asked using his fingers as quotes.

"Well, we um, were kind of, uh, ignoring each other," I answered feeling nervous for some reason.

"Why?" Jenn asked.

I became stiff. It felt awkward to say why even though I'm talking to two of my best friends.

"Well, uh, one night, we were looking the stars together. Just the two of us. When we turned to each other and, uh, kissed."

"OMG YOU GUYS KISSED!?" Jenn blurted out shocked.

"Finally, Connor manned up. I thought he was never going to tell you his feelings for you!" JC stated while Jenn nodded in agreement.

"Wait guys, no, you don't understand. The kiss was a mistake. We were just caught up in the moment. We didn't- I didn't-"

"So he did confess to you?" Jenn interrupted me sounding very confused.

I blushed. "No."

JC and Jenn exchanged a wide-eyed look.

"Hold on, why did you guys ignore each other anyways?" JC asked.

"Well, when we were kissing, I had to pull away."

"What!? Why!?" Jenn and JC shouted in unison.

"Because of...Drew."

"But you broke up with that douchebag player. Why is he getting in the way?" Jenn asked.

"On the cruise, he asked for a second chance, and I still love him. I was going to tell him I was going to say yes, but then the ship crashed."

Jenn and JC's facial expressions both changed to a disappointed look.

"Jess, Drew is a douche. Don't go back to the jerk who is also a player if you don't remember. You deserve better. Doesn't have to be Connor, but just someone better," Jenn tries to reason.

All I did was shrug and waited a few moments of silence to ask, "So, did Connor really have feelings for me".

"Um, yeah, but please don't tell him we told you!" JC pleaded.

"I won't. But, did I guess I really hurt his feelings with what I did, huh?"

"Not entirely. Well, maybe. I don't know, but I do know that he's going to alright, ok?"

I slowly nod knowing he won't. At least not for a while.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I sit in my "bed" thing that I built in my tent that I now share with Jenn, and lie there wide awake.

Paige took a new tent from JC and Jenn's ship and shares it with Kyle while Brian took the other one and JC and Connor share the other tent from our ship.

I listen the steady patterns of Jenn's heavy breathing as I think about Connor.

He likes me. He actually likes me.

The thought makes me smirk a little, causing me to quickly cover my mouth even though no one could see it.

Who thought all that mean teasing stuff he did like calling me obese was meant to cover up the fact that he likes me. Unless it was him somewhat expressing it? Nah.

The real question is- how do I feel about Connor; do I like him back? Maybe. I mean, I'm still smirking at the thought he likes me.

I cover my mouth with my hand again.

Ok, so maybe you do.

I hear movement outside my tent. I know it's him checking out the stars again. I guess this is my chance to see if I really do like him.

I crawl out of my tent with my blanket. The cold air flows into my blanket making me shiver, or is the shiver from me being nervous?

I approach him. "Hey, Connor."