26.

A/N: just wanted to remind any of you who forgot who Brian was since he's a big part in this chapter.
He was the guy who was some-what nicknamed "the Muscle-man" or whatever Jess called him. He was the ripped strong guy.
So on with the story...
______________________
_

Day nine

Another day on the island is almost coming to an end. I added another tally to my slab of rock.

I hung out with Jenn and JC for most of the day. We had a great time, playing a round and having fun together.

Every time I saw Connor throughout, he would come over to me, smile, and quickly peck me on the lips.

This always made JC and Jenn smirk at me.

It's now night time. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard noise from outside the tent.

I peeked my head out to see if it was Connor, but to my surprise, it was Brian.

He was making his way towards the forest.

My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to follow him.

I tried to as silent as I could, even though twigs and leaves kept crunching under my feet.

Brian didn't notice it though. He was too focused on making his way to his destination.

He had begun to pick up the pace by jogging.

"Seriously?" I whispered under my breath.

I started to jog too. I struggled a lot with trying to keep up and staying quiet.

Brian seemed to know where he was going so his pace was a lot faster than mine, and my foot would get caught on the many tree roots and rocks in the path, almost causing me to trip each time.

To make things even better, Brian decided to climb an immense pile of boulders. Now I have to climb them too. Yay.

I waited until he reached the top to begin my climb.

I gripped every open space between each boulder and hauled myself up as I climbed higher; my feet sliding into the spaces my hands had already been in.

Finally, I had almost reached the top and sat on a rock that would give me a good view of where Brian was sitting.

He looked up at the sky and had begun to speak. At first, I thought he knew I followed him, but then I realized he wasn't talking to me.

"Hey big guy, it's me again, Brian. So, I just wanted to ask for the same thing that I've been asking for a while now. Sorry if it's annoying you, but I really want to make sure Judy's ok. I really miss her and," he paused an a tear streamed down his cheek, "and I really want her to be safe, where ever she is. I love her so much. That's all I wanted to say. I have faith you'll keep her safe and we can be together again soon. Oh, and can you tell Dad I said, 'Hi'? And that I miss him? Thanks."

I don't know why I couldn't control myself tonight, but I just couldn't be stopped.

"Who's Judy?" I asked.

Brian jumped a little surprised by me.

"Sorry, I was just taking a walk and noticed you and...well. You know. I'm sorry to bother you," I partly lied.

"It's, uh, ok. And, um, Judy is my girlfriend. We got separated by the ship crash."

"Oh, wow. I'm really sorry," I said sympathetically.

He looked down and shrugged and said, "Thanks".

I made my way towards him, sat down next to him, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He placed his hand over mine and gave it a friendly squeeze to re-thank me.

We both became silent and stared at the stars.

____________________

Sorry that was so short. I felt like I was neglecting Brian too much.

What'd you think of him and his story?