24.

"Yeah?" Connor responded while turning to me.

The moonlight bounces off his skin making it glow. His hair looks less messy than it did the other night. His eyes don't have their normal blueish-greenish color to them since it's too dark, but they still look so amazing. I stare at his biceps; they look bigger since all the hard work we have been doing on the island has helped them get stronger, but I think he's doing other things to look so fit too.

"Hello? Earth to Jess? You can wake up now," Connor said snapping me out of my daze.

"Uh, oh, sorry. I was just looking at-I mean thinking about some, uh, stuff," I said nervously, hoping he didn't notice I was thinking about his muscles.

"Were you, um, checking me out?"

Oh God, he noticed.

"Uh, er, I, um, yeah, I mean no, just that, I," I gave up and sighed.

"Haha it's cool. I know it's hard to keep your eyes off all this," he motioned his hand towards his face and body.

"Shut up," I said as I playfully pushed him.

"So you admit it?"

"No!" I snapped.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Anyways, what did you come here to talk about? Or did you come just to check me out?" He asked smirking.

"No. I needed to asked you about something. Do you, um, like me?"

His smirk faded and he had a panicked look in his eyes, or at least I it seemed like it.

"Uh..." he said rubbing the back of his neck.

It's too dark to know for sure, but his cheeks seem to be getting red.

I raise eyebrow at him.

"Uh..." he repeats.

I sigh. "If the answer is no, that's ok. I was just wondering since someone had mentioned something to me."

"What!? Who!? Was it JC!? I will kill him. I will find an obese man to sit on his face and fart on it. Then I'll kick him in the-"

"Oh my gosh, stop!" I yell cracking up. "It wasn't JC."

"You're lying."

"If you answer my question, I'll tell you who told me."

He groaned then answered, "Alright, fine, but you have to go first."

"You better answer after me."

"Yeah, yeah."

"JC told me, but if you tell him I told you, I will make you regret it."

"I swear I won't! I wouldn't want you poke me or anything. Or worse, tickle me!"

I glared at him. "Shut up and just answer my question."

"Ok, fine. Yeesh. I maybe do like you. Just a tiny bit."

"Lies! He's in love with you! He needs you, Jess! He's always thinking of you! He loves you!" a voice shouts in the distance.

"SHUT UP, JENN!" Connor yelled in the direction of where her voice came from.

I turn to my tent and noticed her head was peeking out off the door, then quickly popped back in. That was weird.

"Really?" I asked looking up at him. "Is that true?"

"Um, partly. It doesn't matter though. You have Drew," he said sounding hurt. He turned his back to me.

"Oh, Connor. I'm sorry," I said.

"Whatever. It's cool," he obviously lied.

He sighed then sat down.

After a few moments of silence, I decided to kneel behind him and hug him. Not sure why. I just did it.

At first, his body tensed up then relaxed.

"Let's forget about Drew. It doesn't seem like we are even gonna get off this island anyways. Besides, I like you too," I whispered into his ear.

Connor turned to me with a slightly confused look on his face.

I nodded to confirm what I said.

Then he smiled and said, "Well then, Ms. Russett, I have an important question to ask you".

He took my hand and we both stood up. He then knelt down on one knee and looked up at me. We both smiled.

"Jesselynn Russett," he started as my eyes began to water slightly, "will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded as tears of joy streamed down my face as I was still smiling.

Connor stood then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, and I let my blanket fall to the ground.

He leaned in and our lips touched. They moved in sync as one of my hands wrapped around the back of his neck and the other ran through his hair. His hands stayed on my waist. This kiss was much better than the last one.

After a while, Connor pulled away and kissed my neck as he caught his breath. With his breath and lips against my skin, I felt like I could melt into one huge puddle.

Soon, our lips met again. At some point, Connor had lowered us to the ground so he was sitting. I wrapped a leg around him to get more comfortable.

I swear. I could stay here forever.