28.

Still day ten

"You guys are so gonna lose," JC said with a cocky smirk.

"Yeah, sure. In your dreams!" Connor returned the smirk.

I rolled my eyes at the boys' immaturity and chewed on some cooked fish.

"You guys almost done? I wanna continue with our likely win," Brian asked looking at JC and Jenn.

We all responded with, "Yeah", and stood up from our recent sitting position.

"Alrighty then, let's go!" JC yelled while jogging back to the beach.

Brian did the same, but the rest of us walked.

By the time Connor and I made it to our sand castle, Brian was already hard at work. It was nice seeing Brian enjoy himself so much.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Done!" Brian shouted immediately after we finished the last part of our sand castle.

"Almost there....and...we're done!" JC shouted back.

He jogged over to check out our masterpiece. "Yeah, we clearly won." JC smirked.

"Um, I don't think so," Brian shouted from JC and Jenn's side staring at their castle.

As JC and Brian argued about who's sand castle is the winner, I noticed something in the distance.

"Guys, guys!" I yelled with my hand flapping in the air.

Brian and JC continued to argue.

"GUYS!!!" I shouted louder.

They stopped and gave me a curious look.

"Look!" I instructed while pointing to what I had noticed.

They followed my finger and their eyes widened.

"Is that..." Connor trailed off.

"A helicopter?" Jenn finished for him.

"I think so," I said nodded but keeping my eyes locked on the object.

"Don't just stand there! Get the flare guns! Maybe they'll see us!" JC commanded.

We all ran to the boat and shuffled through the left over supplies and finally found the flare guns.

"We could finally be saved!" Brian exclaimed.

"If they see us!" JC yelled. "Someone, hand me a gun."

I let the metal slide of my hand into his. He positioned himself in an athletic stance and placed his finger over the trigger.

Bang! The red light shot into the sky.

I held my breath.

"Did they see it?" Jenn asked.

"Not sure. Give me the other gun," JC instructed Brian.

"Alright," he said while handing him the other gun.

He held it in his other hand and repositioned himself into his precious stance.

He shot one then the other, alternating the red flares being blasted into the sky.

It sent a thrilling feeling through me, even though I wasn't the one holding the guns.

After a few shots, the triggers only made a clicking sound.

"Dead." JC said.

"But I think they saw us!" I exclaimed as I noticed that the helicopter seemed to have gotten closer.

Adrenaline rushed through my body as I waited in anticipation, hoping that we were actually going to be saved.

"Let me get my bag. I have a mirror!" Jenn suggested as she ran towards her tent.

She soon returned with the bag strapped over her shoulder. She let the bag fall, and she sorted through all of her belongs until she came across her cosmetic mirror.

She held it up, glass facing the sun, and moved it around so the reflection could get their attention.

We all waited anxiously to see if they were going to going to notice us. JC jumped from the thrill and anxiety of everything. I almost even joined him.

After the longest wait, the helicopter was about a couple yards away from us. We all cheered as it slowly made its way onto the sand covered land; the gust of wind created by the propeller of the helicopter got stronger as it got closer.

I felt like I was going to do a backflip when the helicopter was finally on the beach, but instead, Connor grabbed me, turned me so I faced him, and lowered his lips onto mine.

Like I hadn't had enough adrenaline gushing through my every body part, this just added to it. Had I cared though? Of course not.

I ran my fingers threw his hair and he gripped my neck and waist as our lips danced.

"Can you guys stop your smooch fest and get on the dang helicopter? We would like to actually get out of here!" JC yelled over the loud sound of the propeller whipping the wind.

Our lips pulled away from each other, and I felt my cheeks get hot.

A man hopped out of the copter and shouted, "Hi! My name is Carl. We were actually on a search for the missing YouTubers from the cruise. I'm guessing you guys were on that ship?"

We all nodded.

"Alright. Climb aboard!"

We did as he said. Jenn was the last to get on since she had to grab her bag.

As the helicopter rose from the ground, I felt an immense wave of worry.

"Wait!" I yelled as Carl closed the door to the helicopter.

"What?" he asked.

"There were two other people on that island! We just left them!"

I noticed everyone's faces harden as they remembered about Kyle and Paige too.

"Don't worry, Miss. We will send other search copters to that island. What were their names?"

"Uh, Kyle and Paige. I never caught what their last names were," I answered.

I looked around to everyone else to see if they would knew them, but they just shrugged.

"Alright. That'll do, Miss. Thank you," Carl nodded at me. Then he held a walkie-talkie up to his mouth. "Found survivors. F two, M three. Two remain on island. Names: Kyle and Paige. M and F. Send backup search."

I relaxed and rested my head on Connor's shoulder and closed my eyes. I'm finally going home. Who knew one cruise would make me want to go back so bad?

_________________________
A/N: So I noticed a comment saying to finally get everyone saved, and I had coincidentally already planned for that to happen for this chapter. I guess you guys were as sick of the island as I was!

Hope you liked it :)

Votes and comments greatly appreciated!

Thanks!