Prologue

"No, we're not ready for that yet; we still have more tests for her before we can start thinking about that." A deep male voice said outside the young girl's dark room, his voice was quiet since the large door was closed.

The young girl sat on her metal bed and rubbed her hands up and down her upper arms as she shivered from the cold, staring at the wall through the pitch black darkness. There was no light in her room at night, since the one window she had in her room was shut tight at night, the stars and moonlight couldn't shine in. She's never seen the moon or the stars, all she's ever known were tests, darkness, the cold, and loneliness. She had no friends whatsoever, since she's been locked up in this secret lab all her life, she's never met other people, except the scientists who torture her with all their experiments, or seen the outside world either. One of the very few things she has seen in the outside world was the sun that hangs in the sky every day, she doesn't know how it hangs there, she guesses it's just magic or something, but she was pretty sure that she would never know for sure.

"But we already know so much about her, can't we just do it right now?" A second male voice, this one not as deep, asked.

"No, we need more information or we won't know everything there is to know about them." The first voice said.

"But sir-"

"I said no and that's my final answer! I'm the boss and what I say goes, got it?" The first voice interrupted the second.

A sigh sounded behind the door. "Yes sir..." The second voice said after a few seconds before everything fell silent.

The young girl clenched her fists and swallowed a lump that was forming in her throat before slowly laying down on the freezing cold metal bed, staring up at the dark ceiling. More tests tomorrow, and she knew she wasn't gonna like them. What a nice birthday present don't you think? But she was used to it by now. The thing she didn't know about all these tests was why were they even doing all this testing on her. She was human like them wasn't she? She sighed slowly and turned onto her side, curling into a ball to try to keep warm, which didn't help much, she was probably going to cry herself to sleep again like she always did.

"I have to get out of here..." She thought to herself before closing her eyes, bad memories from the past experiments flooding her mind.

Little did she know that she was going to get out sooner than she thought.