Bad Report

"Okay, so who's gonna tell the boss this time? Why don't you do it George? You don't have a whole lot going for you in your life anyway." A scientist said as he and several other scientists walked down the long hallway.

The scientist he was talking to, George, had short, dark brown messy hair and dark brown eyes. He, and all the other scientists, wore a long, white lab coat over a black suit. George looked at the scientist that had talked to him with wide eyes. "What?! Me?! No way! I'm not going to get myself killed for a mistake you made! Unlike you Grant, I have a family waiting for me." George growled at the scientist that had talked to him, named Grant. George looked at a scientist that was walking next to Grant. "Why don't you let Mike tell the boss? He doesn't have a family or anything else to do with his life."

The scientist George was talking about, named Mike, looked at George. "No way George! You don't know this, but I do have a girlfriend!" Mike said. Mike had bright red, smooth hair that reached down to above his ears and he had dark green eyes.

Grant had long, red-tinted, brown hair that reached down to just below his ears and he had dark green and brown eyes. Grant glared at George. "Oh no, Mike is not going in there to get killed. And besides George, you're the one who promised the boss that we could find her before sundown!" Grant snapped.

"Guys be quiet! We're here." A female scientist, who was walking behind the three, whispered. The three of them looked back at her for a moment before forward again and stopping with the other scientists in front of a large, thick metal door.

A camera on the wall next to the door turned on and a deep, menacing voice filled the hallway through a speaker that was built into the camera. "What do you fools want now? Do you have news of experiment 817?" The voice asked, it was filled with static.

Knowing that their boss could see them, all the scientists bowed in respect, but mostly in fear. "Yes sir." Grant said nervously, trying to keep his voice from shaking. He really hoped their boss didn't pick him to go in there and tell him the bad news. Their boss was a very dangerous person, and he never thought twice about either making a decision, or killing someone.

"Very well... Grant, come in and tell me the news of how the mission went. As for the rest of you, get back to work! I'll call any of you if I need to." The voice said again before the hallway fell silent.

Grant felt his chest tighten and he swallowed a lump in his throat as sweat started to drip down his face, he was definitely going to die. As the other scientists hurried away, Mike looked at Grant and put a hand on his shoulder sadly. "I'm sorry it had to come to this Grant, you've been the best brother anyone could ask for." Mike told Grant sadly, trying to hold back tears as he spoke. And without another word from either of them, Mike hurried down the hallway with the other scientists.

Grant watched his brother as long as he could until Mike turned a corner and disappeared from Grant's view. However, Grant caught a glimpse of Mike when Mike looked back at him and gave him a small, but sad smile. Grant turned back around to face the large door and sucked in a deep breath, knowing he would soon breathe his last. He punched in a security code on the security pad next to the door underneath the camera and Grant opened his eyes really big so it could scan his eyes a few times before a beep sounded. The scanner disappeared into the wall and the large, heavy door slowly opened for Grant. Grant gulped again before slowly walking into the large, dark room that was behind the door, the door closing behind him.

Once the door was closed all the way, a few lights flickered a bit before turning on inside the room, they weren't very bright and the room was still pretty dim, but it was light enough for Grant to make his way through the room. At the end of the large room, a man sat in a large chair, several computers surrounded him. The man, who looked pretty bored, had long blond hair that reached down to just above his shoulders and he had hazel eyes. He wore a long red and black lab coat, the trimmings of the lab coat were an off-white kind of color. He also wore a black suit under his lab coat like all the other scientists, but his was nicer and had a slight tint of red in it.