Close Call

"Wait a minute, you're saying that you're made up of several different cells from different things?" Bulma asked Segira in shock.

Segira nodded slowly. "Yes... That's what the scientists told me anyway..." She replied slowly.

"So you're like the android Cell that my dad, the others and I fought years ago?" Gohan asked.

Segira looked at him with a lifted eyebrow. "I don't know what this Cell is, but I do know what an android is. The scientists back at the lab would mention something like that sometimes when they would talk to each. But the scientists made me completely organic, as you might say, so I'm not an android in any way."

"Well that would make sense, when the androids arrived several years ago, we couldn't sense their energy, but we can sense yours no problem. We could sense Cell's, but his was a mixture of everyone else's energy. But with you, we can sense your own unique energy signature." Goku told Segira. It sounded a little weird to him when he said it like that, but hopefully Segira understood what he was saying.

Segira looked at him in puzzlement. "I have energy?" She asked Goku.

Goku nodded. "Yeah, it's small, but you have some alright." "More than what humans have, that's for sure." Goku thought the last part.

"How can you sense energy?"

"It's kind of like an ability or a technique we learned to find our opponent's location and power level. But it doesn't work if they're suppressing their energy." Gohan explained to Segira.

"It's also helpful when you're looking for a friend who got lost or badly injured." Goku added.

Segira looked down at her lap nervously. "Do you think I could... learn it?" She asked hesitantly.

Goku smiled eagerly, it looked like they were starting to get through to her. "Sure we can, we can even help train you if you want." Goku told her.

Segira looked back up at him and couldn't help but smile a little. "I would like that." She said. She had to admit, learning all this stuff and getting trained for fighting was starting to excite her a little. If she was a Saiyan, then maybe that was why she was so excited to learn about this alien race and trained to fight.

"Hey dad? Are we expecting visitors or something?" Goten asked Goku as he and Trunks looked out one of the front windows.

Goku looked at them with a lifted eyebrow. "Unless it's Chi-Chi coming back from the house for some reason, no." He looked at Bulma and Gohan. "Are you guys expecting anyone?" They both looked at him and shook their heads. Goku looked back at Goten and Trunks. "That's weird..." He thought to himself before standing up and walking over to the two boys.

He looked out the window Goten and Trunks were looking out to see half a dozen black cars parked next to Capsule Corp, but he had no idea who they were or why they were at Capsule Corp. Segira curiously walked over to them and peeked out the window to see what was up. But the second she saw the cars, she wished she hadn't looked. Her eyes widened in fear and she stumbled several feet back, her whole body starting to shake in fear. Gohan lifted an eyebrow, a little alarmed at her reaction.

"Something wrong Segira?" Gohan asked her. Segira didn't respond, she just stared at the door leading to the front yard in complete terror.

Goku glanced back at Segira, and once he saw her expression, his expression turned serious. "It's probably those same guys from the mall, they found where we've been keeping Segira." Goku said. He closed the blinds before walking over to Segira and taking her hand in his, trying to reassure her a little. "Don't worry Segira, they're not going to take you back to that lab." Goku told her, but she didn't respond, she just held onto Goku hand tightly and kept staring at the door with wide eyes. Goku looked at Bulma. "Is there another way out of Capsule Corp?"

Bulma, who was now standing up, looked at Goku. There's a backdoor and a platform for helicopters on the roof, but they probably have people all around Capsule Corp. You could probably use the platform on the roof to get away, but they might see you leaving and follow you, or they might have some helicopters nearby." She replied.

Goku looked back at Segira, she wasn't moving a muscle as she stared at the front door. The only way you could tell that she wasn't a statue was by her quick breaths. "Then I guess we'll have to leave using Instant Transmission." Goku looked forward again and placed his middle and index fingers on his forehead as he started to concentrate, but something stopped him from using Instant Transmission. "No way... They're all over the place! At the Kame House, our house, there are even some at Korin's tower!" Goku said in shock.

Bulma looked at him in disbelief. "You're kidding! Why would they go to all those places is they already know Segira's here?" Bulma said.

"Maybe they don't really know she's here. They might've done a search on you guys or something and sent people to the places you're usually at." Gohan suggested.

Goku looked at him. "Well if that's the case, then I know the one place they can't get to." Goku said.

Gohan looked up at Goku with lifted eyebrows. "You mean..?"

Goku nodded. "Yep, it's the only place I can think of that would be safe enough for Segira until those guys leave. Besides, it'll be a good place to start her training."

Gohan tilted his head down a little, but kept his eyes on Goku, and shrugged. "I guess."

"Can I come too dad? Please? I want to train too!" Goten asked Goku eagerly.

Goku smiled at him. "'Course you can, I think it'll be good for you to train there too." Goku told Goten.

Goten grinned happily. "Yay! Thanks dad!"

Bulma lifted an eyebrow at Goku. "What about Chi-Chi? Wouldn't she want Goten to stay here?"

Goku looked at her. "Probably, but it should be fine if we don't tell her. Besides, I know Goten can handle it over there." Bulma sighed heavily and rolled her eyes, but she didn't say anything.

"Can I go too mom? I want to train with Goten!" Trunks asked Bulma.

Bulma looked down at him for a moment before sighing slowly. "I guess. You'd still go even if I said no." Bulma said.

Trunks pumped a fist into the air eagerly. "Alright! Thanks mom!"

Goku smiled and looked at Gohan. "You want to come too Gohan?" Goku asked him.

Gohan looked at Goku and nodded. "Sure, it's better than just sitting her all day and meeting Segira's 'friends.'" Gohan replied as he stood up and stretched.

Goku nodded. "Alright, everyone grab on." He said before a loud knock sounded on the door. Segira shuddered and took a step back, but Goku kept a tight hold on her hand. He doubted she would bolt though, there was nowhere else to go and she was holding his hand pretty tightly, she had a stronger grip than he thought she did. "Come on guys, hurry up" Goku rushed. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks quickly obeyed and grabbed onto Goku or each other.

"Hey wait, what am I supposed to do?" Bulma asked.

Goku looked at her. "Improvise. We'll come back when it's safe." Goku told Bulma.

Before Bulma could protest, Goku, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Segira disappeared into thin air. Bulma let out a huff and put her hands on her hips. "Of course he would leave me here to deal with these guys..." She mumbled to herself. More loud knocking sounded on the door, drawing Bulma's attention. "Alright, alright, I'm coming!" She said in irritation as she walked toward the door with clenched fists. "These guys better be quick."