The Truth Revealed

"So you've never been outside at night before?" Gohan asked Segira curiously as he, Goku, Goten, Trunks, Segira, and Bulma sat in the large living room.

Segira, who was fidgeting nervously in the recliner, shook her head. "No. I've never even seen the night sky. I have a very small window in my room at the lab but the scientists close it at night." Segira told them, looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Why didn't you just open it?" Goten asked.

Segira looked at him from under her eyebrows before looking back down at her lap again. "I couldn't, they used some kind of remote to close it so tightly that there's no way I could pry it open. It's as smooth as the metal walls when they close it with no lines or cracks. But even if I could open it, I'd have to break through the thick wall of glass behind it if I wanted to get out or anything."

"Why wouldn't they want you to see the night sky?" Goku asked, glancing at her tail that was curled up next to her. He wondered if she knew about the transformation a Saiyan with a tail would go through if he/she looked at the full moon.

Segira sighed. "I don't know. They've always been so strict with me so I just assumed it was just one more thing they were strict about." Bulma, Goku, and Gohan all looked at each other with a lifted eyebrow. Segira obviously had no idea about that part of being a Saiyan. What all did Segira know about Saiyans anyway?

"Hey Segira? This might sound a little strange but, do you think you're human?" Bulma asked Segira, looking at Segira.

Segira looked up at Bulma with a puzzled expression. "That is a strange question. Why would you ask me something like that? I don't think I'm human, I know I'm human." Segira told them.

Goku and Bulma glanced at each other again, guess this was gonna be a bit of a problem explaining everything to her... Goku looked back at Segira. "Actually Segira, you're not a human at all, you're a full-blooded Saiyan." He told her.

She looked at him with a confused expression, a little shocked at what she just heard. "What do you mean? Of course I'm human. I've lived here all my life." She tilted her head to the side a little. "And what's a Saiyan? Is that some kind of race of humans? Like Japanese, American, or Russian?"

Bulma shook her head. "No. Saiyans are an alien race, their planet was destroyed several years ago and most of the remaining Saiyans came here to earth." Bulma explained. She motioned towards Goku. "Goku here is one of the last full-blooded Saiyans, and there are two more Saiyans that are left, one's name is Tarbles, but we don't know where he is. The last one is named Vegeta and he lives here on earth like Goku. Vegeta refers to himself as the 'Prince of all Saiyans'."

Gohan nodded. "Yeah. Trunks, Goten, and I are half-blooded Saiyans. We're half Saiyan, half human, since our dads are Saiyans and our moms are humans." Gohan told Segira.

Segira lifted an eyebrow. "So they're aliens? But I already told you, I'm human, not one of these Saiyans." She protested.

Goku blinked and leaned back on the couch a little, she really thought she was human. "Well the characteristics of a Saiyan are black hair that never grows out or changes its shape or color, black eyes, and a furry tail, and you possess all of those. Saiyans also have incredible strength if they're trained properly, but we can worry about that later." He said.

Segira stared at him for a moment before looking down at her hands in her lap again as she formed them into fists. She didn't want to believe it, it just couldn't be true! "But I'm human..." She said quietly.

"Well this might convince you, I ran some blood tests while you were asleep and sure enough, you're pure-blooded Saiyan." Bulma said.

Segira clenched her teeth tightly, starting to tense up, and Gohan lifted an eyebrow as he watched her, she looked like she was about to snap. Maybe they should've waited a while for her to get used to them before telling her about all this. "No I'm not! I'm human!" Segira yelled loudly, her voice shaking a little.

They all looked at her, a little stunned. "She definitely has the lungs of a Saiyan." Goku thought.

Gohan, who was sitting closest to Segira, placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "There's no need to be upset about it Segira. Being a Saiyan is way better than being a human." Gohan told her. "A full-blooded human anyway..." He thought. Hopefully Bulma wouldn't get upset about what he had just said.

Segira looked up at Gohan with a somewhat curious expression. "Really?" She asked.

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, you're stronger, faster, and can do a lot more things than a full-blooded human can."

"As much as I hate to admit it, Gohan's right. Saiyans, whether full or half-blooded, can do a lot more things than a human." Bulma agreed.

Gohan glanced at Bulma from the corner of his eyes. "Thanks Bulma, I owe you one." He thought.

Segira looked at them for a moment before looking down again. "I don't know..." She said hesitantly, looking at her hands in her lap, they weren't clenched into fists anymore.

"Well maybe it'll help if we know whose kid you are. Who are your parents? I'm sure they were both Saiyans." Bulma said.

Segira looked at her with a confused expression. "Parents? What are those?" She asked.

Everyone stared at her in shock. "You don't know what parents are!?" Trunks asked her in disbelief.

Segira looked at him, her eyebrows arched downward. "No. I was created by the combination of different cells in a test tube back at the lab."