Tragedy

"Everyone move!" Goku yelled before jumping to the side just in time to dodge the large spikes, Vegeta, Goten, and Trunks doing the same. Gohan quickly wrapped his arms around Segira's upper body and jumped out of the way as well, startling Segira for a second, but if he didn't do that, she probably would've stayed put since she was so scared.

"You okay?" Gohan asked her once they were in the clear, for now anyways. Segira looked up at him with wide eyes before nodding slowly in response. She was blushing again from being so close to him and being held like that by him, like the time when she had first met Roshi and the others. She didn't mean to blush now though, she couldn't help it. Gohan didn't seem to notice, he was glaring in Vairos' direction. "Good." He looked back at her, but then started to blush when he noticed how close they were to each other.

"Gohan, Segira, watch out!" He suddenly heard Goku yell and him, snapping him back into reality.

He looked up just in time to see several more spikes shooting out of the ground towards him and Segira, some were heading for the others too, but most of them were aimed at the two. Gohan tensed up and immediately grabbed Segira again as he jumped up into the air just in time to dodge some of the spikes. He quickly dodged as many of the spikes as he could, jumping off the sides of some of them to dodge other spikes. Segira shut her eyes tightly as she held onto him, burying her face in his chest as she shook from fear. Vairos got irritated again and sent another huge spike at Gohan when he wasn't looking. But Gohan did noticed, however, he saw it too late. When he tried to move out of the way, he was too slow and it impaled him right in the left shoulder and pinned him to the wall behind him, luckily for him, however, he moved enough for it to miss any vitals. But, that didn't do anything for the horrible pain that shot through his body. He cried out loudly in pain and his left arm went limp, falling down to his side as he winced in pain, but Vairos grinned widely.

Segira looked up at Gohan with wide eyes when she realized he had been hurt. "G-Gohan..." She said quietly, also a bit shocked now, as tears formed in her onyx eyes.

Gohan looked down at her as he tried to hide the pain form his face, but was failing, and winced in pain. "I-I'm okay...just get to my dad and the others...okay?" He asked her, his voice laced with pain.

"But...I can't just leave you here like this...!" She told him, tears streaming down her face now. She looked back at Vairos though when he heard him laughing manically, her eyes still wide.

"Oh you poor thing... Is what I would say, but you deserve this. No, you deserve much worse. But I have your other friends to deal with." He summoned another large spike out of the ground, which was aimed at Gohan and Segira. "This is what you get for messing with my experiment!" He suddenly yelled in anger before commanding the spike to shoot towards them, this one was much bigger and faster than the last one. If that spike hit either Gohan or Segira at where it was aiming, then they would both be killed for sure.

"Segira, get out of the way, now!" Gohan yelled at her desperately.

Instead of running, however, she looked up at him before suddenly hugging him tightly. "No, I'm not gonna leave you!" She told him, shutting her eyes tightly. She refused to leave him or the others this time, even if it meant she would die.

"Segira, move! Please!" Gohan practically begged her, but she didn't listen. She stayed right where she was, hugging him tighter and burying her face in his chest as she braced herself for Vairos' attack.

Right before it could hit them, however, a yellow and whitish disc-shaped energy blast came out from down a nearby hallway and sliced right through the spike. Once the top of the spike hit the floor with a loud thud, it immediately stopped moving forward for some reason. Instead of continuing to move forward, however, it made a U-turn and came back to slice through the spike impaling Gohan's shoulder to the wall before suddenly disappearing. Gohan and the other looked down the hallway where it came from in confusion, Vairos having an irritated look on his face.