Rescue

"There is it, Dad!" Goten told Goku, pointing at an area in the snow where there was a hole in the side of a white wall. If the hole wasn't there, the wall actually would've blended into the snow pretty easily.

Goku looked at what Goten was pointing at before nodding. "All right, good job Goten." He told Goten before descending towards the snowy ground, hoping there wasn't anyone around to see them.

They were actually pretty lucky that Chichi wasn't there when they were making their plans to leave, she would've definitely thrown a fit and try to prevent Goten, and possibly even Gohan, from going. Vegeta and Trunks had met up with them while they were flying to the laboratory and had joined them from there, of course, Vegeta was mad at Goku for interrupting his training, but he still tagged along for some reason. Goten, Gohan, Vegeta, and Trunks followed Goku, all of them landing on the freshly fallen snow just outside the building.

"Geez, Goten... You weren't kidding when you said it was cold..." Trunks told Goten as he shivered from a cold, rubbing his hands up and down on his upper arms to try to warm up a little.

Goten nodded, shivering as well. "Yeah... But it's colder inside the room Segira and I were in..." He told Trunks.

"Both of you stop your whining and be quiet! Someone might hear you and find us, then you can say goodbye to that runt." Vegeta snapped at them, he was actually pretty cold too, but he didn't show it.

"Let's just get inside before someone notices we're here." Goku told them as he lifted a big chunk of the broken wall up so they could get inside. They all nodded in agreement before going inside, Goku being the last one to get inside since he had to put the chunk of the broken wall back into place. "Where to now Goten?" Goku asked Goten as he scanned the hallway there were in.

"This way." Goten replied as he ran down the hallway. Goku and the others followed closely as Goten led them down some flights of stairs and in to another hallway that was almost completely destroyed. Usually he wouldn't be able to remember stuff like that, but this was really important to him. Goten ran up to a crumbling doorway and looked inside the dark, empty room before looking at Goku and the others with a sad look on his face. "This was where they use to keep us, but...she's not here..."

"Are you sure this is where they kept you guys? There are, like, a hundred doors that are destroyed like this one." Trunks said.

Goten looked at him and nodded. "Yeah I'm sure. You can go in and see for yourself."

"What do you mean?" Gohan asked in confusion.

Goten looked at him now. "Well, I know this is the room they kept us in because there's blood everywhere inside this room, but most of its frozen to the walls and the floor."

They all looked at him in shock. "You're kidding me!" Goku said.

Goten shook his head slowly. "No, look." He took a small step into the room and held his hand up as a light blue energy ball formed above his palm. It didn't get off a lot of light, but it was enough to illuminate some of the dark room, and like Goten had said, the floor and the walls that they could see had several splotches of frozen blood on them. After a few seconds the energy ball faded away and Goten looked at them sadly. "See? I told you...but she isn't in here..." He said, tears forming in his eyes again.

Goku looked down and clenched his teeth and fists tightly. "I can't believe they would do that to Segira!" He thought to himself in rage. He knew they treated her badly, but he never thought it would be this bad. As he was looking down, however, he noticed a trail of blood on the floor a few feet away from them, he looked at it with a raised eyebrow before looking back at the others. "You guys stay here, I'll be back soon." Goku told them before following the trail of blood, leaving before the others could say anything.