Flying Lessons

"So, before we start teaching you how to fly, we need to teach you how to use and control your energy." Goku told Segira. He, Gohan, Goten, Videl, Bulma, Trunks, and Segira were all outside behind Capsule Corp so they wouldn't attract any unwanted attention.

Segira, who was sitting on a brown wooden bench next to Goten and Gohan, tilted her head to the side and had a puzzled look on her face. "How do I that?" She asked him.

Goku held an open hand to her, his palm facing up and his fingers curled slightly. "Well, you can start by making an energy ball in your hand. It's pretty easy to do too, you just need to relax, concentrate a bit, and focus some of your energy into one point in your body. And before you know it," The air above Goku's palm wavered a little bit before a light blue of energy formed above his hand, startling Segira a little. "You have an energy ball." Segira leaned in a little closer to look at the energy ball better. It sounded easy enough. Nothing like the tests she had to go through at the lab. Well...she hoped it wasn't anyways.

"It's a piece of cake Segira, trust me. I got it down pretty quickly after just a few tries when Gohan taught me." Videl told Segira with a soft smile.

Segira looked at Videl for a moment before nodding slowly. "I hope you're right." Segira said quietly, still a little unsure about this.

She stood up and sucked in a shaky breath before placing an open hand in front of her, her palm facing up like Goku's was. She let her body relax before concentrating and focusing as much energy as she could into her hand, she was determined to get this energy thing down. After several minutes of waiting and focusing her energy, a small, yellow and white energy ball formed in the air above her palm, slowly getting bigger with every passing second. After just a few seconds, the energy ball grew to a decent size and Segira stopped feeding it energy, but she was careful to keep the energy ball from losing energy and shrinking, and she stared at it with a mixed expression of shock and amazement.

"Wow, she got it on the first try dad!" Goten said excitedly as he looked at the energy ball above Segira's hand.

"That's amazing! Good job Segira!" Gohan told Segira with a smile.

Goku smiled, impressed with how quickly she got the hang of it, but it probably had something to do with the fact that she had the DNA of several different Saiyans. He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, nice job Segira, I'm impressed." Goku told her. Segira didn't say anything, but she looked up from the energy ball and gave Goku a small smile. She looked really happy to have been able to do that on her own. "Now, to make it disappear without throwing it at something, just stay relaxed and pull the energy back into your body."

Segira looked back at the energy ball in her hand and nodded. She exhaled slowly and closed her eyes lightly, keeping her mind and body relaxed, and started to absorb the energy back into her body. As she did that, the energy ball above her hand slowly got smaller and smaller, and, after a couple of minutes, the energy ball was completely gone, allowing Segira to bring her hand down to her lap. She looked up at Goku, she looked a little tired, but she could keep going in this lesson. "How did I do?" She asked him.

He smiled and gave her a thumb's up. "Awesome, I knew you could do it." "I just didn't think she'd get it so fast..." Goku said, thinking the last part.

Segira's smile widened and she nodded. "Can I learn how to fly now?" She asked eagerly, her tail flicking around wildly behind her. She had always wanted to learn how to fly. When she was back at the lab she would look out her small window at the blue, but mostly cloudy, sky at day and imagine what it would be like to fly on her own. She imagined it as being free and not worrying about people who were trying to hurt her or anything like that.

Goku nodded. "Course you can. If you can get the hang of making an energy ball appear and reappear in your hand and controlling it that quickly then you're definitely ready to learn how to fly." He replied. Segira was so excited that she almost started to jump up and down from excitement. She's never been that excited before. Goku smiled at her, he was glad to see her excited for something. He looked at Gohan. "Hey, Gohan, why don't you teach her how to fly? I know you taught Videl how to fly, so, what do you say?" He asked Gohan. \

Gohan looked at Goku for a moment. "Um, okay." He said before standing up and walking next to Goku, in front of Segira. "So, flying is kind of like making an energy ball in your hand, only a little different. Instead of making an energy ball in your hand with your energy, you use it to push yourself up off the ground. So you're pretty much putting energy between your feet and the ground and that keeps you up." Gohan explained.

Segira tilted her head to the side. "So, you're putting energy between yourself and the ground?" She asked. She caught on pretty quickly.

"Pretty much." Gohan nodded at her. "Go ahead and give it a try."

Segira nodded eagerly before sucking in a deep breath and exhaling slowly. She tilted her head down and closed her eyes lightly as she started to concentrate, letting every muscle in her body relax while she did as Gohan told her to do. After what felt like an eternity to her, she didn't feel the ground underneath her anymore. She slowly opened her eyes and looked down to see that she wasn't standing on the ground anymore and was floating about a foot off the ground! She blinked and her eyes widened in shock, she was flying! Well, floating maybe, but still flying! She looked at Gohan with an excited smile on her lips, too happy to speak. Gohan smiled, a little proud of her, and nodded.

"I knew you'd get it pretty fast." He told her softly.

She stared at him for a moment, everything seemed to stop and freeze as she let those words sink in. She's never heard anyone tell her that, she's heard some of the scientists tell each other, or their kids when they bring them to work for some reason, that, but it was never directed towards her. She was so happy now though that she smiled again before suddenly hugging Gohan tightly, wrapping her arms around his neck when she did. She didn't care if it looked weird to anyone else, she's never hugged or been hugged by anyone, and this seemed like the perfect time for a hug since she was just so happy. Gohan looked at her with wide eyes, surprised by her action and he was blushing a bit too. But after a few seconds, he smiled a bit and hugged her back; she probably needed it after being locked up in the dark for all those years. She smiled again and tightened her grip slightly when he hugged her back; she kind of liked to be hugged, the others were all smiling and Goten and Trunks were both laughing quietly, but Videl was glaring coldly at Segira, even though she knew Segira couldn't see her glare.

It was at that moment that Segira made a promise to herself; she would do her absolute best in training and be like Gohan, Goku, and the others. She'll become strong like them and make them all proud, and one day, she'll be strong enough to fend for herself and stand up to those scientists. And she was absolutely sure that Gohan and the others wouldn't let her do it alone, they weren't the kind of people that would just leave their friends behind unless there was a really good reason. And she wasn't going to leave them behind either, if the scientists want her, they'd have to rip her away from her friends.