Progress

Gohan sighed heavily as he stared up at the ceiling in his dark room. It was almost 2 in the morning and he couldn't fall asleep for some reason, it was a good thing that he didn't have school tomorrow or he wouldn't be able to stay awake in class. After a few minutes, there was a sudden, but quiet, knock on his bedroom door. When he heard it, he quickly sat up and looked at the door from his bed. "Who's there?" He asked, keeping his voice down so he wouldn't wake anyone else up.

The door open slightly. "Sorry, did I wake you up...?" Segira asked Gohan quietly from behind the door, her voice was quiet as well.

Gohan straightened up a bit and looked at her with a lifted eyebrow. "Segira?" He asked, still keeping his voice down. 'She's still awake?' He thought. "Uh, no, I was already awake." He replied.

She nodded slowly before opening the door a bit more, she was wearing an orange gi and a dark blue undershirt and belt let Goku, Goten, and himself wore since her shirt had a hole in it, her pants were torn, and her old clothes were all bloody. So she was wearing that while Chichi fixed and washed her regular clothes. "Um...would it be okay if I slept in here with you? Goten kicks a lot in his sleep..." Segira said shyly. Gohan stared at her for a moment, he could feel himself starting to blush. She wanted to sleep with him? In the same bed?! That would be extremely awkward and weird, and what would his mom say when she found out they were sleeping in the same bed? But he knew that she had really bad nightmares when she sleeps alone, and he didn't want her to stay up all night because of Goten kicking her in his sleep. "I will not move around very much or wake you up, I promise!" Segira told him when he didn't reply after a few minutes.

Gohan scratched the back of his head and looked down nervously. "That's not the problem though..." He said quietly.

Segira looked at him in confusion, slightly tilting her head to the side. "Then, what is it?"

He looked at her for a moment while he tried to think of how to respond to that, his face turning red again. Segira looked at him with wide, hopeful eyes as she waited patiently. After a few minutes, however, Gohan sighed slowly. "All right, you can sleep with me." He said, he couldn't think of a good excuse that wouldn't embarrass him even more.

Segira's expression brightened and she nodded as she smiled happily. "Thanks Gohan!" She told him happily before laying down right next to him and closing her eyes, her back facing him. She didn't seem to mind that she was sharing the same bed with the opposite gender, but she probably didn't know anything about that stuff.

'Thank goodness Videl and I aren't dating anymore.' He thought, it would be even worse as he was still dating. "Segira?" He asked her quietly after a few minutes, gently poking her shoulder to see if she was still awake. She didn't respond though, she was already passed out. Gohan smiled slightly over pulling her half of the blanket up to her shoulders and laying back down his back, his half of the blanket up to his neck. He stared up at the ceiling again before glancing at Segira from the corner of his eye, she looked pretty peaceful while she was sleeping. Her face did switch a bit occasionally, probably from another nightmare, but she wasn't thrashing around and screaming like yesterday night, so it probably wasn't a really bad nightmare. Gohan smiled a bit again before turning over onto his side, his back facing Segira, and closing his eyes, finally falling asleep after a few minutes.

Segira slid back on her feet on the ground a bit after blocking a punch from Gohan with her arms that were in front of her. But before she could counter, Gohan dropped onto the ground, one of his hands on the ground underneath him, and spun around his legs outstretched, knocking Segira's feet out from under her. Her eyes widened as she fell to the side, unable to do anything, before Gohan fired a light blue energy blast at her stomach at point blank range. The attack hit her full force and exploded on contact, creating a cloud of dense smoke and knocking Segira back several feet. Segira tumbled on the ground a bit before sliding to a stop on her side, wincing in pain. After a few seconds, however, Segira slowly got up on shaky legs and panted heavily as she looked at Gohan, she wasn't going to give up very easily. Gohan waited patiently for her, now in a fighting stance. She powered up a bit before charging at him with clenched fists, throwing a hard punch his face. Gohan narrowly dodged by bending over backwards, making Segira fly right over him and leaving her wide open for an attack. Gohan took the opportunity and put his hands on the ground underneath him again before thrusting his legs up and hitting Segira right in the stomach. She flew up into the air several feet, blood flying out of her mouth, before crashing down onto the ground a few yards away from him.

Segira laid there for what felt like hours before slowly getting up again. She looked at Gohan with a cold glare as she wiped some blood off her lower lip with her knuckle. Gohan's eyes widened a bit when he saw the change in her expression and the new look in her eyes. Segira held her outstretched arms out next to her as she started to charge energy up in her hands, her fingers curled slightly. Gohan immediately braced himself, he knew what and whose move that was. Segira church her arms together after a few seconds so her wrists touching and a light yellow orb flashed several times in her hands, her palms now facing Gohan.

"Final Flash!" She yelled before firing a light yellow energy wave at Gohan.

Gohan quickly put his arms up in front of him as a block just in time to block the attack as it hit him full force. His block reduced some of the damage, but not all of it, he took half the damage that he was supposed to be inflicted on him if he didn't put the block up, which was more damage than he thought Segira could do. But, he wasn't really fighting Segira anymore. The energy wave eventually exploded right in front of him after being blocked with so much energy being poured into it for so long and having nowhere to go, creating a huge cloud of dust and smoke in front of him. The explosion inflicted some damage to him too, but it wasn't very much. He shook his head and quickly scanned the area for any sign of Segira, but the smoke and dust prevented him from seeing very much. He suddenly sensed someone behind him and jerked his head around just in time to see Segira kick him right in the back as hard as she could, catching him off guard and making him fly up into the air. She disappeared then reappeared in the air right above him with her hands folded into a fist above her head and brought her hands down on Gohan's forehead before he could recover from her last attack. When her attack hit him, she broke the skin on his forehead and made him plummet towards the ground far below.

He crashed into the ground hard, making a small crater around him, before he slowly sat up, her hand on his head as he winced in pain, but he immediately looked up when he sensed something. Segira was diving straight towards him with her clenched fists in front of her, she was going to slam right into him, and when she did, it was going to hurt. Gohan shut his eyes tightly and braced himself for the attack, but it never came, instead, he heard a loud "thud" right in front of him. He opened one eye at first to see what had happened to see that Goku was standing in front of him, Goku was in his Super Saiyan form and was holding Segira's fists in his hands so she couldn't hit Gohan.

"I think that's enough training for today." He said, he was actually kind of struggling with blocking Segira's attack, but he could still handle it.

Segira glared at Goku for what felt like hours, growling a bit as well, before her eyes suddenly widened and something in her eyes changed, she didn't look mad or anything like that anymore, just really tired and back to her normal self. She suddenly passed out right there and almost fell on top of Goku, but he caught her before she could hit either him or the ground.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Goten asked as he ran over to them.

Goku nodded. "Yeah, she just needs rest." He replied before looking at Gohan. "Nice job today, Son. I think this training is helping you and Segira both get stronger."

Gohan smiled a bit and nodded, he was pretty tired from the spar between Segira and him. "Thanks." He said. "I think she's getting pretty close to being able to transform into a super Saiyan too though. What do you think, Dad?"

Goku nodded in agreement as he looked at Segira. "Yeah, she's definitely gotten stronger and better at fighting since we started training her a few months ago." He said. Gohan nodded in agreement. Goku looked up at the darkening sky. "Let's get back home, it's getting dark in your mom's probably got dinner ready already." He said again, eager to get back home and stuff his face with Chichi's cooking. Goten and Gohan both nodded eagerly in agreement before they took off towards Goku's house, which wasn't that far from where they were training. Goku was still carrying Segira in his arms as they flew.