Another Connection

Segira thrashed around as she tried to break free from the thick metal net, but she had no success. Gohan was flying over to her as fast as he could, but she was still pretty far from him.

"They are not going to take her away, I won't let them!" Gohan thought as he sped towards her.

Segira was desperately trying to break free from the net, she tried kicking through it or somehow ripping an opening in it that was big enough for her to squeeze through by pulling some of it apart, but she still had no success. "I...I don't want to go back...I can't go back...!" She thought to herself as tears formed in her eyes, still doing everything and anything she could to break free from the net. She had already spent more than enough time at the lab, and she didn't want to go back. She'd rather kill herself than go through more painful experiments. She grabbed her upper arms with her hands, tilted her head down, and closed her eyes tightly as horrific memories of the past 16 years at the lab flooded her mind. "I can't go back..." She said quietly to herself. But then, her grip on her biceps suddenly tightened and she started to tense up as she tilted her head up again. "I will not go back!" She growled before suddenly screaming loudly as a huge surge of energy exploded from her body, instantly shattering the net to pieces.

Gohan, who had almost reached her, stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the change in Segira. She looked completely different than from just a few seconds ago! But she didn't resemble his father, Vegeta, Nappa, Broly, or any other Saiyan they've ever met, which meant that this new mindset must've been from a Saiyan they've never met or seen before, assuming Bulma was correct on that. Segira floated there for a few seconds as pieces of the metal net fell away and letting the energy she released fade away. She then glared down at the scientists with a look that could kill as they fired another missile at her. Before it could open up into a net when it was close enough, however, she easily hit it to the side with her hand. The missile did several summersaults in the air, getting tangled up in the thick metal rope that connected it to the ground. Once it tried to open, however, it was too tangled up in its own rope and couldn't open up, making it malfunction and overheat before exploding in a dense cloud of smoke. The scientists on the ground quickly fired several more missiles at Segira.

Gohan looked down at them and gritted his teeth. "Crap! Segira can't possibly dodge or deflect all of those by herself!" He thought to himself.

Before he could go help her, however, she did the complete opposite of what he thought she would do. Instead of freezing in place from fear, Segira scoffed a bit in annoyance, most likely from the scientists and missiles, before powering up and diving straight down towards the missiles, shocking Gohan. She grabbed the first missile that she came across and spun it around once before throwing it into another missile, both of them exploding on impact. Then, using her momentum from throwing the missile, she spun around again to kick another missile away with her heel, the missile snapping in half and spinning out of control for several feet before exploding, one of the halves hitting another missile and making that one explode as well. She quickly came to a stop and pulled a clenched fist back to her side before thrusting it forward, opening her hand when she did, and firing a large, light blue energy wave at the remaining missiles, making them all explode once the wave hit them. Gohan stared at her with wide eyes, completely stunned and not even sure if what he just saw really happened. Just a second ago, she was scared to death and couldn't do anything but stand there frozen in fear, but now she looked like a skilled warrior. He was starting to believe that what Bulma had told him and the others was true. Segira was quiet as she floated there and watched the scientists far below with a serious look on her face, the wind blowing her hair and clothes back.

"That's weird, now that I'm actually getting a closer look at her, she kind of looks like dad, only rougher, but she doesn't resemble anyone else. Turles does look like dad, but she doesn't look like him either..." Gohan thought to himself as he stared up at Segira before he shook his head. "No, I'm probably just imagining things." What sounded like whistling and loud explosions drew his attention to the scientists on the ground, they had fired at least a dozen more missiles into the sky, this time, aiming for both of them.