A New Friend and a Shocking Revelation

"Wow, you guys killed all this." Bulma said as she walked into the kitchen where Goku, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Segira were. All the plates that used to have piles of food on them now had nothing but a few small crumbs on them.

Gohan looked at Bulma and smiled. "Yeah, it was really good, thanks for making it for us Bulma." He told her.

She smiled back at him and started taking the empty plates to the counter to wash them. "I'm glad you guys liked it. There was enough food right?"

Goku nodded. "Yeah, there was just enough food for all of us." He replied.

Bulma looked at Segira. "What about you Segira?" She asked Segira.

Segira, who was lost in thought, blinked and looked up at Bulma, pulling her out of her thoughts. She smiled at Bulma slightly. "I loved it, thank you." She replied softly.

Bulma smiled and nodded. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Bulma glanced at Goku for a second as she placed the last plate in the sink that was full of warm, soapy water. "Hey Goku? Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked Goku, standing next to the table.

Goku blinked and looked at her with a lifted eyebrow. "Yeah? What's up?" He asked.

Bulma walked into the hallway and waved for Goku to follow her. "Come on, I want to talk to you in the other room." She said.

Judging from the look on Bulma's face, Goku had a pretty good guess what she wanted to talk about. He looked back at Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Segira as they all looked at him with puzzled expressions. "You guys can go back into the living and talk; I'll be there in a few minutes." Goku told them as he got up and followed Bulma down the hallway. Gohan, Goten, and Trunks looked at each other and shrugged before getting up and going into the living room.

"Come on Segira, I want to show you some of my favorite toys!" Trunks said eagerly as he pulled her along by her wrist into the living room. Segira blinked and looked back over her shoulder down the hall where Goku and Bulma had gone, but she didn't see them. Once she and the others were in the living room, Trunks and Goten quickly ran up the stairs. "We'll be right back!" Trunks said as he and Goten ran up the stairs.

Segira watched them for a moment before looking down again and sitting in the recliner. Gohan, who was sitting on the couch, looked at her with a lifted eyebrow. She always looked so down for some reason, it was probably because she's been locked up in a lab all her life. After a few minutes of sitting there in silence, a knock sounded on the door, making Segira shudder and her eyes widened as she tensed up. Gohan looked at the door for a moment before looking back at Segira.

"Stay here; I'll see who it is." He told her.

Segira nodded slightly as she slowly slipped behind the recliner to hide in case they were the scientists again. He looked back at the door again before standing up and walking over to it. He slowly turned the doorknob, getting ready for anything, and opened the door just enough to peek outside. A young teenaged girl stood outside the door with her hands on her hips as she looked at Gohan with a slight scowl. The girl had really short hair that didn't hang down at all and she had dark purple eyes. She wore a white tank top that looked more like a short dress than a shirt over a pink short-sleeved undershirt with black fingerless gloves. She also wore long black leggings and pink shoes.

"Where on earth have you been Gohan!? I've been looking everywhere for you since you left who knows how long ago!" She told Gohan, her voice was high-pitched and a little scratchy, but it was laced with anger.

Gohan blinked as he looked at the girl in surprise, opening the door enough so he could see her better. "Oh Videl! Uh, sorry about that, something came up." He told her, scratching the side of his head nervously.