A Game of Tag

"Wow, that's quite a story. And she's been living like that her whole life?" Krillin asked Goku after Goku had told Krillin, 18, Marron, Yamcha, and Roshi about Segira. Of course, he had to explain all the Saiyan DNA stuff to them too, which was harder to explain than he thought it would be.

"Strange, all the Saiyans we've ever encountered have been pretty violent and fearless. You wouldn't think she was a Saiyan just by how she acts." Roshi said as he looked at Segira with raised eyebrows as she flew around the island chasing seagulls.

After Goku had introduced her to everyone and talked with them for a bit, she started to fly around and chase the seagulls when she saw them. Goku looked at her as she lunged for a bird with open arms, probably trying to catch it, but it dove down to get away from her. Segira stopped herself from stumbling forward from the momentum of her lunge and looking around for the bird in confusion before turning around when she heard the seagull squawking behind her. She smiled and quickly flew after it to try and catch it again, obviously enjoying herself. It looked like she was playing some kind of game with the seagulls, which was improving her flying skills too. She was starting to shift her body around so the wind currents wouldn't slow her movements down as much so she could fly faster, easier, and much smoother. One thing was for sure, she absolutely loved to fly.

Goku smiled slightly and nodded. "Yeah, we could barely believe she was a Saiyan too, even when Bulma ran some tests and proved it. Segira had a hard time believing it too when we first told her, but she's okay with it now." He said.

Krillin looked at him with a puzzled look on his face. "Why would she have a hard time believing that? She's always known she wasn't human, right?" Krillin asked Goku.

Goku looked back at Krillin and the others with a lifted eyebrow. "Huh? Oh, well..." Goku started to tell them why she thought she was human, or, how he thought she did anyway.

While they were talking, Segira, who was still trying to catch a seagull, suddenly slid to a stop when something far in the distance caught her eye. She tilted her head to the side and curiously peered into the distance where a dark silhouette of something that was floating on the water's surface was. "What is that?" She thought to herself, feeling a mixture of fear and curiosity as she stared at it.

She would've flown over to it, but before she could, a seagull suddenly flew right up in her face and started squawking loudly, startling her quite a bit. She stumbled back a bit before managing to catch herself, shaking her head a little, looking back up at the seagull, and chasing after it again with a content smile on her lips, forgetting about the strange thing she saw. As she chased the seagulls, she glanced down at Goku and the others as they talked from the corner of her eye.

"I wonder what they're talking about..." She thought again before looking forward again to watch the seagull that was in front of her.

Those people were a lot nicer than Vegeta, though, that Roshi guy was kind of weird, and Yamcha kept staring at her and talking to her in a way that made her feel uncomfortable, which was one of the reasons why she started flying around. 18 was a little colder than the others, but she was nice in her own way, Marron, 18's daughter, could barely talk and she was starting to get upset about something so 18 took her back inside, so Segira couldn't get to know her. Krillin, who was apparently married to 18, was pretty friendly to her and he and Goku got along perfectly.

"I guess that's what happens when you grow up with someone..." She said quietly to herself, looking down at the sparkling ocean as she flew, her speed decreasing a little.

She wasn't sure what a daughter was or what being married meant though, so she was going to ask Goku, or someone else she knew, and liked, what they meant. As Segira looked down at the ocean, several small, shiny objects that swam under the surface of the water caught her attention. She lifted an eyebrow curiously and started to descend towards the ocean's surface, not trying to catch any seagulls anymore. As she got closer to the water's surface, she could see that they were some kind of aquatic animals with silver, shiny scales and fins. She smiled slightly at them before slowly stretching her hand out to the water's surface. Once she touched the ocean's ripply surface, however, the fish immediately scattered in all directions and she jerked her hand back when she realized how cold the water was. It wasn't as cold as back at the lab, but it was still cold enough to startle her quite a bit. She quickly shook the water droplets off her cold hand, still looking at the ocean's surface with furrowed eyebrows.