Chapter 7- Misunderstood

*Moo's POV*

Midnight growls beside me.
"What's on your mind?" I ask slowly.
"Klee is bothering me, that's all," She swings her head dismissively.
I don't say anything else, when you are around her, you learn not to speak when she is done with you.
We are walking to the mountain, we would have flown but there is Red and Klee to worry about and they're too big to carry. We walk in silence for a while, when suddenly we come to this black trail thing with loud shinny objects skimming across it.
"Uh, Klee, what's that?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the creatures on the black trail.
"That is a DeathTrail," he replies simply, "and those shinny creatures run across it with humans in their bodies."
I can imagine this probably way more gross than it is, but that's the way he described it. And I have heard of humans before from an older Dracowere on Smoth, the evils of planet Earth, they said. If they get their hands, yes, hands, not paws, on you, you die. No negotiation. I replay her words exactly, making me shudder.
"Moo," Midnight's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Yes?" I reply, shaking my head to clear my thoughts.
"We will go over first, then Red and Klee last," Midnight stares Klee down, who just nods his head.
Midnight stays in a bush, as I crouch next to her, worried of our safety.
"We need to fly as high as possible so we aren't seen, because if we are then the humans will hunt us down, alright?" Midnight questions.
I confirm with a nod, spreading my wings, "on three. One, two.. three!" I howl, launching into the air as Midnight follows behind.
We fly high above the shinny creatures, who look like Spunks (Smoth ants) from here.
Flying across I notice the mountain is a ton farther than we thought away. Damn it.
I look back to see Red and Klee cross the DeathTrail safely. Good.
Midnight and I fly silently, keeping one eye on our friends until we come to a ravine where we can stay safely hidden. Landing softly in the grass, we turn to wait for Red and Klee who must hurry up, for the sun is setting.
Soon, Klee and Red have caught up to us, panting. We can barely see the outline of the sun now, leaving shadows on the windblown grass.
"Good night guys," Klee mumbles, settling down a little ways away.
"I guess we're staying the night," I speak in a whisper.
"Yeah," Red whispers back, going to the opposite side of the ravine than Klee, "Night."
Midnight and I stare at the rising moon for a while until the soft snores from the others told us our travel buddies were sleeping. I look at Midnight, who's feathers were illuminated by the full moon. "So... how is this going to play out?" I whisper.
Midnight smiles, "Thorn's orders is to take out the Skyjolts, what better way to do it than to start a war?"
I roll this around in my head carefully, "Midnight, you're going to make Meg, Sam, Red AND Klee choose a side?"
"They're gonna have to. But I think they've decided. Give it time, it will play out and my father's order will be fulfulled," Midnight lays down, "save your strength, rest now, Moo. We'll discuss more later."
I nod, laying down against her. Soon, her breath evens and I follow her rhythm until I fall asleep as well.

A//N Ohhh plot twist ;). Hope you guys are enjoying the story. I'm having fun making it. I really don't have anything to say but to stay tuned for the next Chapter. Cya!