Chapter 22

Claws dig into my stomach, and I whip my head around with a cry of pain.
Moon's eyes stare directly into mine, full of rage and hate.
"I lost my mate and my kits! You have all I ever wanted! But no, a storm rolled in and took my kits and mate from me! I was too weak. I had just given birth to three healthy kits. When the flood swirled at my paws, my mate dragged me to higher ground, and tried to go after the kits. He managed to grab one but the river tore him away from shore, as of the other two kits. I won't let you go with being happy. No, I will kill you and your unborn ones. Someone will finally understand my pain!" She screeches, lifting up her paw to do a death blow.
Instantly, I turned into a ball of flaming rage and burned her pelt. She gasps and yowls in surprise and pain, while I jump up, claws reinforcing, and slice her chest.
Warm blood covers my paw as she stares at me in complete horror.
She collapses to the ground, blood pooling around her neck and chest.
Coughing she mutters, "Keven, I'm coming to you, tell the kits."
Storm pops in the room like magic, "he- what the? Spirit what did you do!"
He jumps over and presses his paw to her chest. But I know better. Too much blood has been spilled. She's gone.
My flame dies out and my claws return to normal, and I watch her pitifully.
Her body takes one last shuttery gurgling breath and lays still, eyes going wide and sightless.
"Take this corpse away," I demand my own mate, "let the wolves feast on it."
"Spirit, why did you kill her?" He asks me.
"She threatened to kill me first," I growl.
"You need to lay down, you're due," he says conserningly.
I do as he said, letting my tired nerves relax.
Storm curls around me awkwardly, putting his muzzle in my neck.
And we stay there.
For a long while.

"C'mon Spirit! It's just a kit! Push!" Red commands.
"You try this!" I growl at her through gritted teeth as the next contraction hits. I push and yowl at the same time.
I can see Storm pacing. It's worrying me a ton.
Red seems to notice, "Storm get your ass out and distract yourself, you're freaking out your mate."
He leaves on his pace to the door.
"I can't take this!" I screech, pushing again. Relief hits me and I know one has come.
I quickly sit up and detach it from me, biting the sack open. It squirms, good it's alive.
Another wave of pain makes my head hit the moss again.
"You're doing great, Spirit," Meg says from behind Red.
Sam had followed Storm, probably to make sure he didn't freak.
Growling in pain, another bundle hits the nest. This time Red lets it out.
Two more followed. And I ended up with four kits, a pure grey female with lilac wings, a pure white female with dark night blue wings, a grey and orange tabby tom with white as its lower half and white wing, and a pure orange tabby female with white paws and black wings.
Storm was called back in, jittering like a jitterbug before his eyes landed on me and our kits. At which, his eyes softened and he padded over, pressing his muzzle into mine.
"They're beautiful," he mumbles.
"What are we gonna name them?" I croak softly.
He takes a long look at the kits again. "April," he says, tapping the white kit's forehead with his tail, causing a disturbance in her suckling and a cry of anger.
I nod then tap the grey kit's head, causing the same reaction, "Ally."
"Dallin," he says, tapping the male kit's head.
"Sunkiss," I giggle, tapping the orange tabby.
"Storm..." Red warns.
"Right, okay," he sighs, then curls up across from me, creating a parent barrier between our kits and the outside world.
I start to close my eyes, exhausted, when Storm touches his muzzle to mine and stays that way.
With the kits' suckling and his steady breathing, I find peace and comfort, slowly crawling into sleep.

A//N: so... Moon attempted to kill an OP leader... Ended up in a fail. And Ally, Dallin, Sunkiss, and April were born to the Skyjolts! Welcome them all with open arms. Will Baso feel at home with his mom or will he have problems adjusting to siblings of a different species?