Chapter 14- Pups

Whimpering, the pack backs off. The alpha swings her head side to side trying to find out why they're backing off.
"I said fight you cowards!" She snarls, leaping forward but I smack her with my flaming wing. This set her on fire.
"Storm! Shoot them!" I growl.
He quickly whips his tail towards the pack, ice spikes impaling their soft flesh. Several fell while the others fled.
My flame dies off and Storm's ice-tail-spike things disappeared.
The alpha snarls at me, her face half singed, but backs off, running after the survivors of her pack.
"Well, that went well..." I mumble.
"Of course it did! Spirit, we got our powers! We are officially all grown up now!" He bounces on his paws.
"Yes, but there could be more. Remember, we are from Mix, not Ice or Coal," I warn.
"Oh... right," he mumbles.
"Well, I have a Settlement to lead, and you have to lead them as well. Let's head back," I turn until I hear Storm grumble grouchily.
"What is it, dear?" I look back, seeing him sadly look at me.
"I don't want to go back yet. Please spend some time with me," he flattens his ears and gives me the whole cat-version-of-puppy-eyes.
I smirk. Can't be too bad, after all, Custer will be in charge.

~~~~

I was wrong. So wrong.
The Settlement was in chaos. Ripped mostly. Every cat was running around and clawing at little things with wings on their backs.
Wait. Dracowere pups? Must be Midnight's little demons...
I roar to catch everyone's attention.
Even the pups stopped.
"Custer, what happened?" I demand.
"We were getting ready for the night and all the sudden everything above us tore and these little things-" he gestured to one of the two pups, "-came down and started tearing up our heads."
"So I see..." I growl.
Storm raises his voice, "Dracoweres, out. NOW!"
Strangely enough, the little dracoweres left.
"We need to restore camp," Storm speaks before I do, "Spirit and I will teach you how to weave our settlement. Split into two groups, go," he demands, walking to the opposite side of camp than I.
These panthers are eager learners, before long we restored camp.
"Well done everyone!" I say above the crowd, raising my head and wings, showing my leadership.
They jump up, yowling, "Skyjolts! Skyjolts! Skyjolts!"
Storm and I look at the crowd happily. We've built a Settlement. Let's keep it that way.
Meg stares darkly at Storm and I, Sam just looked disappointed. Yes, we were acknowledged and not them, but it was that way on Smoth, Skyjolts and Dracoweres always battling for top of the food chain.
My thoughts were interrupted by Storm, "Everyone get a good night's rest, we have a long day about us tomorrow."
I couldn't agree more.
"Psst," Sam hisses at me as the panthers scurry to their dens.
"Yes, Sam?" I mumble.
"What about us, we should be leaders together, not outcasts," Meg barks next to him.
"Look, I'm sorry, yes, you will be favored more than them but we can't put you guys up as leaders. Some panthers have strict pride," I say slowly.
"Okay, we understand Spirit," Meg sighs.
"Sorry again," I mumble, hugging her with one wing.
"Really, it's fine," She insists, turning away and heading to their den.
Storm bites my ear playfully, pulling it. "We don't have to sleep yet, do we?" He asks.
I laugh softly, "of course not! Come on!" I fly out the entrance into the night.

A//N: Wassup guys! SpiritxStorm here. Here is your next chapter. Hope you like it. That's all, cya!