Chapter 10- Lost

*Spirits POV*
Tears drip down my muzzle as I fly, top speed, away from the settlement. I never knew Storm's dark side was so strong, so strong that it can completely take over Storm no matter what he does to resist it.
I tell myself that it was just a dream, not real, but yet I'm still terrified.
I was too lost in my thoughts to notice I flew closer to the treetops. Snagging my wing, I end up falling to the ground, giving me a reality check. Where the hell am I?
Let's face the fact- I'm lost and there's nothing I can do about it.

~~~~~~~~~

*Storm's POV*
It's cold.
I open my eyes, noticing Spirit isn't next to me. Her faded fear scent is in the air, yet she's never scared. What happened while I was sleeping?
Standing up, I pad out of the den. Meg and Sam were already awake.
"Hey guys, have you seen Spirit?" I ask.
"No," came replies from both the foxes.
Something has to of happened, there are no other scents in our settlement except for those who live here. Yet she ran like she was scared. Scared of what?
It laughs in my head, "Storm, you know why she ran."
I shake my head to clear the voice. Leave me alone!
It just laughs again, "Oh Storm, you fool."
This time, I ignore it. I'm no fool.
"Spirit's missing," I sigh.
"Don't worry, Storm, she'll come back, just wait," Meg promises.
"No, you don't get it! Her fear scent is littered around here, we have to find her!" I yowl.
"Whoa, chill," Sam says, "let's go find her."
I immediately fly through the entrance, landing on the forest floor. "We can't find her on the ground, she flew, we'll have to track her from the sky," I say, "only one can fit on my back though, I'll have to carry one of you."
They both groan.
"Fine! We'll switch in flight then," I growl, crouching so Meg could climb on my back.
Once she is safely secure, I fly up and grab Sam. "Why do I always end up on the bottom?" he grumbles.
Flying over the treetops, I follow her scent, whom Megan and Sam were already picking up on. Suddenly, her scent just stops. No deceleration or any of the sort. "Where..?" I mumble before I heard a growl. Not just any growl, her growl.
"Spirit?" I yowl. Glancing each direction.
No response. She must be on the ground. I fly down, dropping Sam and landing next to him as Meg jumps off. "Spirit!" I call louder.
"Storm!" I hear her cry back.
Running to the voice I see her faced off with another cat. A normal cat, not a Skyjolt.
It takes one look at me as its eyes widening, realizing there is now two of us. It takes off, running top speed.
"Are you hurt?" I quickly ask, rubbing my muzzle on hers.
"No.." She folds one of her wings in clumsily.
"No! You are hurt! Lemme see your wing!" I growl. She slowly spreads the wing. I don't see anything wrong...
"Sam, she's okay, right?" I mumble.
"I - it's just a strain," She looks around, speaking for Sam.
"You can't fly though, can you?" Sam immediately pipes up.
"No," she admits with a sigh.
"Fine, I'll fly and you guys follow my tail from down here," I take charge.

~~~~~

*Spirit's POV*

I face the cat, snarling in defence. I landed in its territory, I am hurt and lost.
This isn't good.
"Spirit!" I hear Storm's yowl.
"Storm!" I screech out with relief.
Suddenly, he's next to me and just staring at the cat, who turns tail and run.
"Are you hurt?" He asks.
I quickly fold my wing in, hoping he didn't see how clumsily I did it. "No.." I speak. Damn it, too guilty sounding.
"No! You are hurt! Lemme see your wing!" He demands, obviously seeing my wing.
Sighing, I painfully spread my wing.
"Sam, she's okay, right?" His eyes wander over my body, making me shudder.
"I - it's just a strain," I look around, trying to figure out how we are going to get back.
"You can't fly though, can you?" Sam asks, startling me.
"No," I admit openly, sighing again.
Storm looks away from me, "Fine, I'll fly and you guys follow my tail from down here."
He takes off, leaving us three down on the forest floor.

A//N: Wassup guys! I realize I am running a little late. I'm sorry, right now I'm going through some emotional problems. Then there is school (kill me please). Anyways, Cya.