Chapter 15

"Wait one second, missy." Amber stops abruptly at my door once she sees my outfit. Her hazel eyes widen dramatically as she eyes me intensely. Marching to my closet, she starts rummaging around.

"What." I frown as I stare at the reflection in my mirror. My black Chucks match my boyfriend cut blue jeans along with my black ribbed turtleneck tank. My bracelets still cover up the bruises from my wrists. Thankfully, the swelling and coloring has died down around my wrists. The bruises around my neck have calmed to some redness. Still, if I look closely, then I can tell that someone has choked the life out of me. 

"You're going to a party." Amber emphasizes as she pulls out ripped tight jeans and an off the shoulder pale pink fridge crop top. "There you go. It's comfortable and not too revealing." She literally chucks it at me. Catching the clothes, I glance at the baby pink top that I bought from Brandy Melville so long ago. I forget I have these clothes hidden in my closet.

"Why should it matter what I wear? You've always been fine with what I have worn?" I frown because I don't really want to change.

"You're so changing." Lisa walks by my door and stops when she sees me. "I agree with Amber. The outfit she picked out is cute." She points to the clothes I have in my hands.

"Fine." I head back into my bathroom. Looking around, I find one of my thick black velvet chokers. Putting it on, I'm thankful the necklace covers up the bruises just where I want them. Breathing out a sigh of relief, I'm glad that chokers are a fashion thing nowadays.

"The top doesn't look too weird, does it?" I glance at myself in the mirror once more. The top reveals my belly button and a lot of my shoulders. I tug at the bottom so it covers more of my skin. 

"Stop worrying so much. You look gorgeous." Amber reassures me as Lisa nods in agreement.

"I like the choker addition." Lisa compliments. I throw her a small smile. 

"So why exactly do I have to change? It's just a party." I glance at Lisa's crop top and high waisted shorts. Then, I look at Amber's ribbed tank and mini skirt. I feel underdressed for a moment. 

Lisa has heavier makeup than usual. Her dark, almond eyes are accentuated by her winged eyeliner and gold eyeshadow. Her long, shiny charcoal hair is pulled up into a high ponytail. I glance at my blonde hair and wish I had those nice thick hair that asians typically have. Amber and Lisa exchange a few looks at my question.

"Oh." I arch an eyebrow at their secretive looks. "You're trying to set me with someone, aren't you." My lips thin into a straight line and I can't help but roll my eyes at them. Lisa's eyes widen comically as I state this. 

"Who? Us? No, we would not do that especially after you told us to stop." Amber scoffs and laughs awkwardly. She is a terrible liar. Whenever she lies, she curls her blond locks around her finger like she is doing right now.

"Who is it?" I think to who would show up at the party. It takes me a few seconds before I realize who it is. "Luca?" Judging from Amber and Lisa's faces, I guess correctly. "Seriously?"

"C'mon!" Lisa whines a little bit. "Why not?"

"Because I-" Before I finish, Amber finishes my sentence for me.

"-I have no time to be dating. I am busy focusing on more important things like school, job, sororities, and blah, blah, blah..." Amber makes a face at me.

"Relax Jax!" Lisa sighs sadly. "You're going to die early from all the overachieving things you do. It's not good to live your life so stressfully."

"That rhymed." Amber snickers. Of course, that would be the only thing she notices. Lisa and I stare at her with weird looks. I'm not the only who is weird.