Chapter 24

(a/n refer back to chapter 11)

Ben and I step into the doctor's room, or a miniature version of one. I try to place the woman's identity. Immediately, I recognize her but I don't know how. Her previous jet black, pixie cut is tied back into a sleek bun. I only recognize her because of her long scar running down from her right eye to her lips. 

With everything occurring, I totally forgot about her. This time she is wearing a long white lab coat as she clutches her clipboard. Ben leaves me shortly, leaving me and her in the same room.

"You're--" I begin to speak, but her eyes narrow dangerously. I shut up.

She doesn't say much except the small commands. "Roll up your sleeve."

She takes out a needle and looks for a vein to insert it in. I don't have a fear of needle but this needle is huge. 

"What is that?" I look at the questionable liquid inside it. It's a clear liquid so it can be anything. 

"None of your worries. You're not going to die from this." She says shortly before inserting in. The liquid momentarily burns me as it fills my veins. 

"What is that!" I tear my hand away from her. At the point, the pain has subsided.

She doesn't give me an answer. Rather, she continues with her doctoral duties. She shines a light in my eye and looks in my mouth.

"Are you even a certified doctor? Should you even be administrating these stuff?" I ask her but she doesn't reply. She just seems to be going on with the notions and not really listening to me. 

"Finger out." She gets some sort of device and places it to my index finger. There's a sharp prick of pain before she takes it away. I assume she took a blood sample, but that intensifies my curiosity. 

"What do you need my blood for? What did you put in me? Who are you?" I ask her persistently. She gives me a blank look but she clenches her pen a little tighter so I can tell I'm getting to her. 

"I won't shut up until you answer me," I threaten.

"You ask dangerous questions young lady. That mouth will get you killed." She says as she grips my arm tightly. Then, she begins to examine my body carefully, not caring to ask for permission. She pokes and prods me roughly as she writes things down on that clipboard of hers. 

"Could you be gentler?" I grumble as I try to move away from her. She ignores me. For someone who saved me a while ago, she seems rather careless and indifferent to me. I am not expecting special treatment or anything but it does make me wonder why in hell did she save me to begin with?

And the plot thickens. I sigh as I try to wrap my head around everything. 

"Stay still." She turns around to grab a small black case. Opening the lid, she takes out yet again another syringe.

I gulp. 

"Fancy. What's in that one?" I grimace. 

She gives me a look that I cannot decipher before inserting it into one of my veins. The liquid flows inside coolly. She looks at me expectantly as if I am supposed to have some sort of reaction. 

"Why are you--" I don't quite finish my sentence as I feel a ball of fire burn in my stomach. It seems like it is growing and expanding larger every second. "What was that?" I grunt as I keel forward and fall onto the ground.My body curls into a fetal position as I clench my body tightly. 

"What the fuck did you do to me?" I almost scream out in pain. It feels overwhelming. My skin feels like it is burning.

Then, as sudden as it came, the symptoms disappeared.