Chapter 33

"Do it." Looking up through the sweat and grime of my hair, I give her the best glare I can muster. My brother, cousins, and everyone else are too preoccupied fighting for their lives. Even if they see me in this position, I doubt they will be able to save me in time. I am defenseless. There is nothing to protect me.

If I'm going to go down, then I will go down fighting. I step onto one leg as I wobble on my other knee. 

For a brief second, the confidence in Amber's eyes flicker. I use this opportunity lean on my good side and give a sweeping kick towards her gun. My foot knocks the gun out of her hands and clutters to the ground away from us. Without much hesitation, she takes out a smaller handgun and aims it at me. I duck away and use a nearby man to shield me from the bullets. When the bullet fire ceases, I drop the dead man's body and charge at Amber. We both go falling onto the hard floor. 

Tumbling and grappling at each other, Amber and I both struggle to get on top of one another. I finally get on top of her and unleash punches after punches. I ignore the burning in my shoulder, but at this point, the adrenaline has kicked in and I feel no pain. 

Amber does some type of wrestling move and manages to throw me onto the ground. She pounces on me and starts punching me with all her strength. I hurry to block the oncoming punches. Each punch carries heavier weight as they pound into me one after the other. Somehow, she manages to keep me pinned to the ground where I am unable to move for a bit. Then, I finally manage to grab her wrists before her fists contact my face once more. I try my best yank and throw her to the left side. As I do so, I feel a snap as her wrist breaks. She lets out a cry of pain as she is thrown a couple feet. I look at my hands in an amazed manner. I didn't know I was that strong; in fact, I would say that was a very inhuman show of strength. Immediately, I look at my shoulder and see it has long stopped bleeding. It doesn't look healed, but it doesn't look like a fresh bullet wound from a few minutes ago. 

I don't have much time to stand there amazed for Amber has found a handgun. Her left arm hangs limply as she points with one of her arms. I drop to the ground and roll as she unleashes another round of bullets. This is why I hate guns. Wastes so much fucking ammo. 

As I roll behind another crate of boxes for cover, I see a machete across from me. It's in the hands of a fallen soldier but is completely in plain view. There's no cover for me to hide behind. The wood chips of the crate I'm leaning against has broken apart by now. I grin in mischievous delight as this one reveals two katana swords. I've never used katanas but I assume they're basically long, skinny knives. I recall the other crates have research material and liquids in them, so I didn't expect to see weapons in these either. I quickly grab a katana sword and sprint inside the huge helicopter opening, which must be at least twenty feet wide and high. I keep ducking as bullets bounce off the helicopter's interior. 

Thank goodness Amber doesn't have the greatest aim. I pause for a few second at the number of wooden boxes and metal crates in the helicopter. It's almost like a maze in here. The passage way gets narrow as I get deeper. I squeeze myself in between some boxes. I find myself looking at a huge test tube with a body floating in it. It's like one of the huge capsules I saw when those scientists were experimenting in that lab. The young teen boy floating in the blue liquid looks unconscious but as multiple tubes connected to him. He seems to be breathing very faintly. I am about to approach him, but I stop when I hear Amber's voice. 

"You don't think you can hide from me, do you now?" She yells over the ruckus. Her voice is nearer than I expect. I keep going deeper into the helicopter. Eventually, I find myself cornered and nowhere to go. I scramble to find a better weapon or vantage point. I push myself onto a crate and nimbly climb to the top. I force open the metal crate and find myself looking at a high-tech beautifully-made bow and arrow. The arrow seems to be filled with a electric blue liquid. I haven't used a bow and arrow since my aunt Pearl taught me. She used to take archery classes in high school along with Krav Maga, so she taught us the basics. I was never as interested in it as I was with knives. Before I can second guess the weapon, I see the top of Amber's head. She has just turned into this small alley.