Chapter 19

"So." I say glumly.

"So." Rob replies just as glumly.

"Do you know how to break out of these chains?" I cock my head towards the chains bound around my body. This is the first time I have been bound like this. I don't really know how to break myself out of this. 

"Mom and dad weren't able to squeeze all of Houdini's tricks into our minds to prep us for this." Rob sighs before trying to struggle out of his binds. Unfortunately, his metal chair and chains bounded around his body doesn't really give him much room to escape in.

I realize that we have no way of escaping.

"What can we do? Rob?" I look to him in hopes of some sort of plan. I'm coming up dry, so I hope he has something cooking in that brain of his. 

"Damn, I really don't know." Rob grimaces in a defeated fashion.

"So...we just wait." I frown. "Do you think the twins will find us this time?" 

"I don't know Jax. I really don't know. It might take a while for them to find us." Rob states. Then, he adds, "We need to assume that nobody is coming for our rescue."

We are silent for a moment as we realize the sticky situation we are in. 

"I'm going to nap." I decide. 

"You're crazy." Rob looks at me and laughs. His laughs are cut short by winces of pain. I am a little worried over his injuries but there's really nothing I can do.

"I might as well save up energy." Now that I mention it, I can really feel how tired my body and mind is right now. My eyelids feel heavy. I think I could fall asleep right here and now. It won't be comfortable sleeping in a stand up position, but I know the chains will hold me up so it doesn't matter in the end.

"Rest up Rob." I say before I let sleep claim me. 

****

"Wakey wakey." I'm roughly nudged by something cold and hard. I grimace at the barrel of a gun that knocks against my skull. I blink once or twice to clear my vision before coming face to face with one of the bodyguard's face. For a second, I'm a little confused at where I am. Then, it dawns on me and my first instinct is to headbutt the bodyguard. 

Unluckily for the bodyguard, he senses my intentions and backs up before I can head butt him. He seems unfazed as he does this before walking back to his pals. I don't see Rob anywhere, which alarms me. 

I glance around and panic a little when I see he's missing. 

"Don't worry sweetheart. Your dear brother will be back." A familiar looking man reassures me. I glance at him for a second longer. I try to place him somewhere. I don't know why he looks so familiar. The headache pounding in my skull is back and it's hard to focus. 

Think. I try to force myself to analyze him.

It takes a little longer before I realize he's the man who kidnapped me a while ago. It was before that woman came and saved the day. I still wonder who that woman is. Anyways, it's the same evil looking old guy who took me captive last time. 

I struggle against the chains as I itch to punch that smug look off his face.

"It's not your turn yet. Don't worry. You'll get your turn." He says so sincerely you would think he's talking about something normal. I narrow my eyes at him because my mouth is covered and I can't spout expletives at him.

He and the strangers surrounding him talk amongst themselves. I cannot hear what they are talking about but judging from the scene, I know that he has to be one of the men in charge. People are bumbling about in the warehouse and I can see they are busy doing something. I'm itching to find out what they are up to, something not good of course.