Chapter 35

"What the fuck." I curse as everyone starts charging at each other like some cliche battlefield movie scene. 

"If you don't move, then you're going to die," Rob pushes me down to the ground beside him as a dagger whizzes over us. 

"Thanks bro," I nod as I observe the scene. My parents are at the front trying to reach Barsetti, while my uncles and cousins are fighting against the soldiers. I duck as stray bullets come towards my way. Then, I feel a burst of hot air throw me forwards. 

Fuck. I  wince as I land very hard against the ground. I look back to see flames erupting from one of the containers. Looking to my left, I see Robin out cold against the floor. My head spins and my hearing is temporarily gone as I try to orientate myself. Crawling over to Rob, I anxiously measured this pulse to make sure he's still alive. 

For a second, I almost give myself a heart attack as I don't feel a pulse. However, I realize his pulse is just very weak. The back of his shirt is burned away revealings some burns on his back along with some blood. I wince at the sight and can figure mine is probably just as bad as I can smell a strong whiff of burned flesh. At this point, my body is wracked up in all types of pain so my body is now just literally and figuratively on fire. 

"Robin!" I shake up him awake. 

He doesn't respond. 

"C'mon." I frown, but I decide to worry about waking him up later. Slowly but surely, I drag our bodies to another location, preferably one not near somewhere that can explode. 

"Here." Uncle Sky pops out of nowhere and helps me bring Rob over behind some roof mechanical equipment. 

"Allow me," Sky nods as he pulls out a first aid kit. 

Do we really have time for that? I mean I'm glad he has one and is doing it so quickly, but we are in the middle of a war zone. 

"Better now than never," Sky seems to notice my expression as he quickly bandages and clean Rob's wound. Pulling out a small black box, he opens it to reveal the similar syringes of the healing juice that I took earlier. 

"Hey, where'd you get that?" I gasp.

"There's a lot in there," he gestures toward the huge helicopter.

I try to get up but it's quite impossible due to my lack of back muscle strength. I decide to roll on my side to try to get up, but I'm too weak to do so. Sky brings me to a sitting position as he scrunches his brows in worry. 

He offers the syringe but I shake my head. "I don't think my body will be able to handle it. I've used way too many of those." I fear I might even get a reaction from using that foreign substance. 

 After Robin is taken care of, Skyler moves onto me.  "Thanks."

"Of course, but we need to get the two of you out of here. There's no way in Hell that you two are in any condition to fight, let alone stand." 

"We aren't going to die today. That's not the Ricca way." I wince as I accidentally laugh and the movement shakes all my wounds,

"None of you are invincible, no matter how much your uncles think they are. I'm amazed they have managed to live up to this age given everything they've experienced."

"Hey now, that's my uncles you are talking about." I halfheartedly try to sound offended, but I know Sky means well.

Sky signals for the twins, who are busy trying to win the battle. Speaking of which, I think we are winning, but it's cutting it close. I start worrying as I see my parents and uncles sporting some wounds. I think Sky is getting to me.