XVII When the Rain Stops

Lexa above looking super hot!!!!

------------------------------------------------

We're still kissing, Archie running his hands down my torso. I slip my hand down the side of his waistband, drawing circles on his hip muscles and teasing closer and closer.

"Wait, stop..." Archie says abruptly. Those words ring in my head like a constant echo and suddenly I'm back in my Sydney bedroom 18 months ago.

***

"Wait, stop Exie," he had said.

"What?" I'd said looking up at him with pleading eyes. It'd been so long. All my friends had already done it. Why didn't he want to do it? He must not love me, the voice in my head said. Either that or he's gay. But he couldn't be.

"Exie not now sweetcheeks," he had weakly smiled. He had new stress lines across his forehead from his job. I remember noticing that. He'd been so busy. My dad must have been working him hard. I made a note to tell my dad to tone it down. I needed boyfriend that was actually there.

"But whyyyy Jarr?" I'd whined. Why didn't he want to do it? I'd never met a boy that didn't want to get in my pants and now the only one I wanted didn't want anything to do with it. "Am I not sexy enough?" I had scowled, sighing and pulling a woolen jumper back over my lacy bra that I'd only bought last week. It was for him, the bra. I'd seen the pictures of supermodels in his old high school magazines wearing lace so I figured I'd give it a try. It obviously didn't work. I sulked and sat facing my wall at my desk, tears glazing over my eyes. We hadn't even got to second base.

"No of course not babe," he had said softly. He was still lying on my teenage bed, still fully clothed. I'd barely even seen him without a shirt on except for when we've gone swimming.

"Does this have something to do with my dad?"

"No babe," he had curtly replied.

"Well what is it then, huh? Speak up!" I had said exasperatingly. I was fed up by this odd behavior. I loved him and according to him, he loved me so I didn't get what the problem was.

"I'm just...well...its just not the right time. You're still in high school and I'm so busy at work..." he had murmured. He'd had no trouble banging Kirstie Pratt who was still in high school last year.

"So what I'm still in high school? I know about you and Kirstie!" He had looked up at her name and sighed. "And shouldn't you want to 'relieve' yourself after your 'busy' work. I thought that's what all boys wanted!" I borderline yelled. I was mad. I hated rejection. I hated how this stupid boy I was so in love with couldn't tell me his stupid feelings. He knitted his eyebrows together. He hated when I stereotyped him as 'all boys'.

"Babe calm down please. I just don't feel like it," he had said calmly, looking at the roof. He always looked at the roof when he was fed up.

"Well I don't feel like being in the same room, Jarrod," I had sneered. His name had felt so foreign on my tongue. I guess I never really called him his name in full. He had sensed my anger and he flinched as I said his name.

"I'm sorry babe, please come here I'm just tired!" I wasn't having any of it and the tears were threatening to fall. I was sick of being rejected. Sick of him never telling me what was wrong.

"Are you seeing someone else? Is that it? Are you just pitying me or something or doing it cause my dad's your boss?" I was hysterical.

"Baby of course not," he had said softly, walking over to me.