XXVII Why

Pierson Fode above looking gorgeous!!! Enjoy the chapter and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

-------------------------------------------------------

I've been thinking. It's hard to sleep when you've you know, just 'entered a new stage of your life', 'become a real woman' or whatever. But I haven't been thinking about that. No way. There's way too many other things on my mind. I roll over and check the hotel's digital clock. It's 4am. Shit. I should probably get some sleep. I roll over to look back at Archie's heaving mass next to me on the bed. I try to close my eyes and fall into a sleep but I just can't. I keep thinking, my brain ticking overtime. I told Archie my secret. Well, it wasn't exactly a secret but I didn't want anyone to know; know that I've been screwed over by a stupid boy who I thought I loved and still being manipulated by him now and that my dad's dead and my life changed in one day. I listen to Archie's breathing. It's a funny sort of rhythm. I think about telling him my secrets again. I spilled my heart out to him but I still can't shake the fact that he still seems so shady and secretive like he's hiding something. I don't know if that's just how he is but it bothers me. From the first day I knew him, he was keeping secrets. I remember my pledge to myself that I would find them out. I remember the obsession with finding out what he was hiding. The googling and researching constantly in order to distract myself from other matters. He never told me. Sure, he told me a bit about living in London and that his parents are in jail but there's something else he's not telling me. The way he stares out in to space here and there. I've never really noticed it until I thought of it now. And the tattoo I swear I saw when we went to the mall which is now definitely absent! And his mood swings and constant snappiness as opposed to selfless compassion. The smoking weed randomly. There's something not right about this boy. I sigh and stare at his back again. For a moment he stirs and his eyes flutter open, seeing me he smiles and then pulls me into him so I'm cuddled into his chest. He's only wearing boxers and the feel of his sturdy stomach muscles makes me feel so safe. Only then, do I finally let my eyes flutter shut and fall into a deep sleep next to the warmth of my very own bad boy, his breath fanning into my hair.

***

I wake up to hear the familiar sound of a hustling and bustling hot summer Sydney morning. The sunlight is creeping in through the glass windows. I'm still tucked away in Archie's arms and I nuzzle into his chest further, savouring his familiar scent of peppermint bodywash and aftershave. He stirs, fluttering his eyes open and seeing me.

"Well good morning shorty," he grins and winks down at me.

"You haven't called me that in ages!" I protest up at him. "You do realise I am the exact opposite of short!" His eyes are darker in the morning. Instead of a bright, vibrant green they are a deeper moss green.

"Still shorter than me princess," he grins. I chuckle and shake my head.

"Anyway Mr Giant, I'm going to go make some tea."
I try get up to go and make some it but Archie pulls me in closer.

"Let's stay here for a bit," he smiles, already closing his eyes again. I giggle into his chest. As I do, I remember my pondering from last night. Now would be a good time to bring it up, I decide, seeing his relaxed face.

"Archie," I begin.

"Yeah?" he replies.

"I-just...I've been thinking?"

"What's this about?" he looks into my eyes, worry flashing across his.

"Well you- I just- you," I lose my words and sigh. He looks at me expectantly. "I feel as though last night I told you everything. All my secrets. And I just feel like sometimes you're so closed off to me and well...like you're hiding something..."