one

A month later

"Hey, Austin?" Ally smiles, walking into his personal office, where he was typing away. But he stops at her entrance and turns in his chair, smiling. "Um, can we talk?"

Austin raises an eyebrow, feeling her nerves. Had he done something? Did she do anything? "Uh, sure. Of course."

Ally smiles a bit, then looks around. "Not in here, though. Maybe in the bedroom?"

This makes Austin a bit uneasy, seeing it wasn't something she couldn't just blurt out in here. But he oblige, nodding. He types something in the computer before standing, following Ally to the room.

They both lay on the bed on their sides while leaning on their arms. He grabs her free hand and caresses her knuckles, sending her a smile. "What's up?"

Ally looks at his eyes then down at their already tangled legs, smiling just a bit. "Well, you know how I've been feeling nauseous and sick lately?"

Austin nods, but his eyes widen just a bit, not wanting to panic. "You're not sick, are you? Like, really sick?"

"No, it's just... well, I went to the doctor's office last weekend and they told me it could've just been my period, but then I-I noticed... I didn't have a period last month and I don't think it's coming this month... I'm two weeks late."

Realization takes over his face, making her look down again. Austin gapes, opening his mouth to say something only to close it back again. "Are-Are you sure?"

She shrugs, closing her eyes. "We didn't use any type of protection last time we had sex. Suddenly, I'm showing symptoms of pregnancy and missing my period. It's obvious, Austin. I'm pregnant. But-But I'm willing to take a test just in case."

Austin just sighs and looks up at the ceiling, now knowing what to think or do.

"I'm sorry," she murmurs, turning away from him. "You're so busy, you shouldn't've had to think about using protection. That was my fault. I---"

Although, Austin just cuddles behind her, hugging her waist tightly. "It's not only your responsibility to make sure we use protection, Ally. And I'm not mad. Surprised, yes. Mad, no way. It's gonna be a little stressful, but we'll get through it."

She smiles, turning again. "I love you. So very much."

He smiles softly, kissing her lips for a moment before leaving them and kissing her forehead. "I love you. Too much."

They smile before she curls up to him for warmth. He has a lot of shit to finish, but Austin decides against ruining this moment, and instead pulls their covers over them and hugging her closer.

-----

Austin sighs, still a bit in shock from the news.

He was going to be a father. Of a child. While being an international agent and spy. It's bad enough to worry about someone even touching his wife, but now he's gonna have a baby to look after, too.

Ally could protect herself at the least, but it won't be enough. She won't know to look for details, or know how to protect herself and their child. Hell, he could go to the bathroom for a minute and she'd be gone forever if he has no trace.