twenty-one

"This is the last mission briefing before we leave, so I need everyone to pay close attention." Sierra says, looking at everyone.

"This mission is only going to be risky if we make it risky," Tom continues on, turning on the screen so they can get a visual representation. "Okay, we're going to arrive in Paris at 8 in the morning. When we get there, I need the kids in a completely safe location. We got that?"

"Covered," Matt says, stepping forward and typing in something on the keyboard. A tall apartment building pops up and Matt continues. "Sierra and I have been renting this apartment for almost eight years now since we went on a stakeout one night. We figured, checking into a hotel or apartment recently would be too suspicious if they looked into it, so continuously renting it out is perfect."

Tom nods, on board with that. "Okay. Now, Austin, we decided your placement would be best with hands-on material, so you're going to be in charge of actually leading the men to the location of the trap. Matt, you'll be at the location with El. Sierra will be finding any sudden flaws in our plan and correcting them as we go on. I will be making sure if any information of theirs is on a sort of technology, that it matches up with our plan. Does everyone got it?"

Everyone nods. Tom dismisses everyone and tells them to get to get ready to board the plane.

Austin moves to his family and looks at his wife, who was looking quite nervous. "What's up?"

"So no one will be looking over us?" Ally questions, raising an eyebrow.

Austin shakes his head. "I assigned some people to watch over the apartment building and your room."

She still looks at him with worry and Austin grips her shoulders. "Ally, I swear to you that you all will remain untouched."

She sighs and nods, then Austin nods back at her before grabbing Wallie's carrier and starting to the plane.

-

They reach the apartment unit by 8:30, and the twins find a spot on the couch to sleep while Alex and Ellie settled on the carpeted floor. Wallie was soundly asleep also.

Sierra laughs and grabs Alex from the floor. "I'll take them to the bedroom."

"I will help." Tom says amusingly as he grabs his niece's sleeping form and follows Sierra.

"You going to sleep, too?" Austin asks his tired looking wife as he comes forward to engulf her in his embrace.

"Mhmm," she murmurs, falling on his chest. "I'll unpack later."

Austin nods and kisses her head. "I'll be back tonight. Call any of us if you need anything."

Ally nods and kisses his lips softly just as Sierra and Tom come back. They pull away and Austin looks at everyone. "Alrighty. Let's go."

-

"I miss working with you," Sierra says with a huge grin on her face as Tom watched the survalliance cameras. He looks over at her and sends her a smile. "Eeek!" She squeals and goes to hug her sort of brother.

She sits in his lap with a huge grin. "We haven't been partners in crime since before Austin even had kids."

"Yeah, and now you have a kid by Matt, so I'd appreciate if you got off of my lap. It feels awkward." Rom jokingly says, making Sierra chuckle and stand up.

Matt speaks through his microphone. "The hell's going on up there?"

Tom and Sierra crack up as Eleanor climes in, "Is this how awkward it felt for you guys when Austin and I broke up?"