eighteen

"So there's hackers in France? Why don't Sierra and Tom just work on this?" Austin asks, raising an eyebrow.

"The hackers are also out for blood," Matthew says, typing something into the huge computer. The team of five look up and five men pop up on the screen. "They've been bombing the poor and stealing from the wealthy. They've been going in disguises and capturing random people, and that includes children. The police have had no luck and the FBI called for special recruitments, which is us."

"How long is the operation going to take?" Austin asks, reading the files in the computer about the men.

"Uh, like, six-seven months roughly."

Austin and Ally turn to Matthew, both sharing the same look. Ally then looks at her husband, whose look is the same as hers. They were in an agreement.

"I can't leave my wife and kids in a different continent for half a year," Austin sighs, crossing his arms. "I have four kids now, guys. I can't be going away in dangerous missions like this for a long time and far away."

"Dude, your career as a first class spy should come first before your job as a husband." Matt says and all eyes turn on him.

Austin pinches the bridge of his nose and takes a deep breath. "Dude, I will seriously fuck you up."

"That mentality is probably why you and Sierra broke up," Ally speaks, leaning on her hip. "His responsibility as a father to 4 children comes before anything."

Matt rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "My bad."

"They can just come with," Eleanor says, shrugging. "We have plenty of hideouts all over Europe."

"The girls have school and I have a job."

"Unroll them and quit your job," Eleanor speaks with a roll of her eyes. "Damn, since when were you allowed to work, anyway?"

"The same time you became an asshole," Ally snarls, making Tom and Matt whistle.

El raises an eyebrow and glares slightly. "Excuse me? I'm trying to-"

"You're excused."

Eleanor comes toward Ally with a deadly glare only for Austin to step in front of his wife, giving El a blank stare. "Watch out."

"Watch your wife."

"Watch the way you speak to my wife and we'll see about your request."

Eleanor gives him a look of surprise, and even the other adults in the room are a little shocked.

"Okay," Tom starts with a sigh. "We haven't been in the same room in years. Let's not act like we're not at least a little broken apart. Our bonds aren't broken, but they're not as tight as they was. That even includes you, Ally. Let's be adults, work this out, get this operation done. Based on how well we do that... well, it determines whether this team is really broke and it's time to give it up or if this is just a little bumpy road."

All of the adults look at each other before nodding. "Okay." Austin says, clasping his hand on Tom's shoulder. "But we need to work something out between Ally and the kids. They all love school and I'm pretty sure her job doesn't allow monthly leaves."

"Just quit and find another job," El says with a shrug. "I still don't know why Austin is letting you work in the first place. You guys have four kids. You all should be isolated."