fourteen

"Austin..." Ally shakes her husband fiercely, needing him to get up. "Austin, get up. Now. Austin."

He groans and puts his face in the pillow. "Ally, I just ran you some bath water two hours ag-"

"My water broke."

He stops moving but his eyes don't open. "I haven't slept in like two days so if I get up and you're lying, I'm gonna be pissed."

"Austin, I'm serious. My water broke while I was eating in the kitchen."

Hearing the panic in her voice, Austin opens his eyes and sits up, eyeing her as she looked nervous as hell. "Okay, you're serious. What time is it?"

"3am."

"I'll go get Sierra up," he sighs, getting out of bed. "Go set up the things... we've did this twice; you know what to do."

Four hours past and Ally realizes she hates giving birth.

Kayla sits on the chair next to Ally, brushing her hair to ease her. Ally appreciated her daughter but she really just wanted to give birth and let this be over.

"Mmm, Austin, I want pineapples." Ally moans as he comes back with a bottled water.

Sierra comes back into the room just in time to say, "No pineapples. The acid will make the medication wear off. I mean, unless you want a completely natural birth, then sure."

Ally frowns and her eyes well up. "But I'm hungry."

"Then eat some food that don't contain sharp acids," Sierra says, checking the machine. "Man, the twins were faster than this and that was your first labor."

Kayla frowns and looks at her dad. "Dad, mom's crying."

Austin looks to his wife and sighs. "How about some shrimp? Or grapes?"

"I want McDonald's," she sniffs, though Austin looks at her crazy. "Go get me McDonald's. Now. I want a chicken sandwich and fries."

"Ally, you're in the middle of-"

"You got me pregnant again and now you don't even want to get me McDonald's," she starts to sob, and it takes all of Sierra to not laugh. "It's okay. After this is done, we're-we're getting a divorce and I'm taking the girls to-to live with-"

Austin just shakes his head and exits. "I'll be back in ten."

"Now he's leaving me," Ally squeaks, and Sierra shakes her head in amusement. "He just walked out on his-his family!"

"I think he went to go get McDonald's, Als." Sierra laughs, giving her the bottled water he offered her.

"Oh."

Three hours later, Ally welcomes a brunette baby girl into their household.

"Name?" Austin asks, massaging Ally's sweaty scalp soothingly.

Ally was just in awe with her baby. "I don't know. You think of one."

"Can we name her Francine?" Kya asks from the side of her mom, grinning.