twenty-two

There's plenty of gunfire and tussling downstairs, and the kids can't do anything but cry and shake. Austin wants to see what's going on, but he won't leave everyone here.

"Are my mom and dad okay?" Alex asks, frowning up at his uncle.

Austin sighs. "I don't know, man. Just stay-"

"Austin, they're coming to you! Hide the kids!" Sierra screams in her microphone in panic.

Austin looks at Ally and bites his lip. Ally simply gives him the look back. Another second passes and Austin steps out and closes the closet door behind him.

Man, he never wanted to put his entire family in this much trouble. But here he is.

He can hear the door being kicked open. Austin stalks out of the room and sees at least ten men in front of him. "Holy shit."

The first man smirks, his green eyes showing his devilish feature. "Ready to give up your two little somethings? Well, heard you've got some new members."

Austin is confused for a moment, but he doesn't get time to dwell on it, as there's a bullet being a shot. He dodges it and shoots his own gun, hitting someone in the back.

"Yo, I need you guys here. Now!" Austin screams, but it's not the best context.

Before he knows it, the closet down is opened and Ally comes out with a handgun. His eyes go wide and he comes towards the bedroom door to slam and lock it. "Ally, get your ass back in there!"

"You need help," Ally says, her voice in a panic. "I'll be damned if you die on us because I'm scared. I can do it."

There's a bang on the door and Austin can only guess it's going break any moment. He sighs and grabs her gun. He takes the guard off and gives it back. Shoot with both hands. Aim for anything but the chest before there's probably armor there, so it's useless."

The door is kicked open and he can hear the screaming from the closet. Austin grabs Ally and pulls her down on the side of the bed before shooting.

Ally takes a deep before peeking her head up and shooting at anyone she can see. She shoots a man in the leg and he goes down. But they're still outnumbered. Soon enough, there's a voice in Austin's ear.

"Hold your breath. I'm about to throw in a gas bomb."

Austin sees Eleanor in the corner of his eye and nods. She throws it and Austin grabs Ally, ducking and covering her mouth and nose from the toxins in the air.

They hear all the men dropping to the floor.

After a minute or so, Austin feels Ally's body is too still. He lifts her up and see she had breathed the air also. He sighs and sets her down before standing up. Only, the site he saw was too bearing.

By the closet, a man stood with a gun to Alex's head. He looked at Austin with a devilish smile, and his heart completely stops. "Looks like you have a whole family here, huh? Not the best idea."

"Take me, man. Leave the kids alone. I'll give you whatever. Money, information, anything."

The man smirks. "I came to get a kid, sorry. We'll be taking your later." The man starts to slowly walk out with Alex, until there's a scream and Ella runs out with the twins.

"Girls, no!"

Only, the man turns around and points the gun too quickly. A shot is fired. A scream is released.

Kayla proceeds with her motives and kicks the gun out of the man's hand. Ella kicks the man in middle area before grabbing Alex and pulling him away. Eleanor moves from her spot in the hall to run in and tackle the man, quickly handcuffing him and kicking the gun away.

Austin can only stare in complete shock. "Kya!" He screams and runs to his daughter, who was crying on the ground.

Kayla runs to her sister also and immediately hugs her. "You're gonna be okay."

Austin looks down for a wound and only sees a huge scrape on her leg. He takes a deep breath in before hugging both of his daughters. "Don't ever do that again. Ever. You hear me?"

Both of the girls are too shaken up and begin crying, which makes Austin shed a few tears also, too.

"Is everyone alright?" A voice says and Austin turns around to see Matt and Sierra, only Sierra was limping at her side.

Sierra hugs Alex and Matt looks around. "Where's Wallie?"

Austin's eyes suddenly widen and he moves from his daughters to go to the closet. He's able to bring at least some happiness to the room as he grabs his son from the floor and lifts the somehow asleep baby up.

"Oh, goodness that's a lot of blood," Sierra says as she comes down to the twins height. "We need to get out of here. Out of this continent. Now. Tom has everyone ready already. There's a truck outside."

"Was... did someone stick a gun to his head?" Matt asks, looking up with dark eyes as looked at Austin, then Eleanor. Alex has a bruise on his temple.

Austin sighs and runs his hands through his hair, while Eleanor can't even speak. From the overwhelm of the events that just happened, Alex starts to sob uncontrollably, to which Matt gets his answer.

Ella frowns and hugs him tight, and Sierra hugs her son just as tight. Just stands in shock, sighing. "This was a bad idea. This was such a fucking bad idea."

Sierra lifts her son up from the ground and cradles him. "C'mon. I don't wanna stay here any longer."