twenty

"Why did you bring me in here?" Ally asks as she follows him into the shooting range.

They had been at HQ for almost a day now and all of the kids were sleeping from being up early in the morning. The rest of the team were getting caught up, but Austin was already briefed on the situation when he first came.

Since they have extra time and opportunity, Austin thought it would be great to use this time to teach Ally how to aim and shoot.

"Because we've been together for almost thirteen years and you have never shot a gun." Austin answers, walking over to the safe to grab a gun.

Ally raises an eyebrow and her eyes widen slightly. "I... don't want to touch a gun."

"Sucks. You've been pregnant with four of my children and you're pregnant with another while on a dangerous job with me. You have to learn how to shoot." He says as he comes back with a simple pistol.

Ally shakes her head and steps back. "I'm not touching a gun. I'm sorry, but this is a boundary I refuse to cross."

Austin just continues to his wife until he realizes she was backing up in fear. He raises an eyebrow and raises the gun, only for her to flinch harder than he's ever seen her do so. "Are you scared of guns?"

Ally looks at him as if he's crazy. "Of course I'm scared of guns!"

Austin puts the gun down on the table on the side of them and shakes his head. "No, the way you're reacting is way more than just being 'scared' of them," he says as he stands in front of her. "Has someone ever pulled one on you?"

Ally shake her head. "No... I just don't like guns."

He raises an eyebrow but then gives her a stern nod. "Okay. Grab the gun, then. Because if you have no personal problem with them, I need you to learn."

Ally shakes her head. "No. I'm not shooting a gun."

Austin sighs. He puts the gun down and comes over to her. He lightly grips her waist and pulls her into him. Giving her a look, he speaks, "I'm your husband."

Those are the only words she needs to hear before she sighs and looks down. She looks back up at him then gives him a sad look. "I... uh..." she sighs and shakes her head. "I got pregnant. In high school, when I was 17."

He raises an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with-"

"I was shot in the stomach," Ally interrupts, not wanting to continue on with the entire story. She lifts her blouse up and shows him the dark line under her stomach, where she'd get a c section if needed. "The baby caught the bullet."

Austin sees the pain on her face and drops down on his knees and look at the mark. "How... have I never seen this?"

Ally sighs and shrugs, with an almost hurtful laugh, she says, "Well, we have never had sex in the light, I guess."

He stares at her with a look, and she sighs before covering her face to stop herself from crying. "That baby saved my life, Austin. It didn't even get to live outside of me."

Austin stands and pulls her into his embrace. "It's not your fault, Ally."

"I know," she says, but then shakes her head. "But it's sure as hell isn't the baby's fault, and I'm more at fault than it is, so I deserved that bullet 100%. Not the baby."

She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. "I've have four children, and for some reason, they can't take away the guilt of that day."

Austin sighs and holds her body as she starts to shake in a furious sob.

-

"Do you really think it's a good idea to bring your entire family with us? Including your pregnant wife?" Sierra asks as she comes next to Austin, who was watching Ally nap with Wallie on her stomach.

"You sure it's a good idea to bring Alex?" Austin questions, raising an eyebrow.

"No. But Alex isn't four and a half children, or my spouse."

"Technically, your spouse is with you, still." Austin points out, referring to a Matt who was playing with Ella and Alex.

Sierra rolls her eyes. "Matthew isn't my spouse. He's the father to my son. Who's also a trained fighter and shooter. Your spouse is neither."

Austin rolls his eyes. "'Eerra, I already brought them here. Why didn't you try to convince me this while we were back at home?"

"Because I think it's safer here than with us or at your home."

Austin gives her a look, in which she gives back. Sierra was truly the sister he never had, and was a practically the godmother to all of his children. He knew when she said something, she meant it and only wanted the best for him.

But this was a decision he was going to make on his own.

"Still, I can't leave my entire family by themselves for nine months," Austin says, shaking his head. "I'll watch over them, don't worry."

Sierra nods and runs a conforting hand through his soft hair. "Alright. You do what you think is best."

After giving her a soft smile, they're interrupted by one of their partners, who was looking at the two in shock. "Moon, you've got to see this."

Austin raises an eyebrow, then looks at Sierra, who shrugs and follows the excited yet surprised man. The go to the training room down the hall and enter, to Austin and Sierra's surprise, his twin girls were fighting the professionals, both exceeding.

Kya drops a grown woman on her back, and Austin can't help but gape. Kayla was fighting an older man, and she used her smallness as an advantage, going under his legs and kicking him so he falls. They finish off two older men by working together and they finish, standing back to back in a fighting stance.

"Wow," Sierra says, smiling at Austin with a proud smile. "You might have yourselves some real fighters."

Austin can't take his eyes off of his daughters, but chuckles and nods. "Yeah."

Kya spots him, and grins. "Dad, did you see that?!" Kayla turns around and grins also, looking exactly like her sister.

The girls get applaud by the huge crowd they've drawn before patting Austin on the back and exiting the dueling room.

Both of his daughters run up and hug him. "That was amazing girls. Where did you learn to fight together, though? Your instructor says she didn't teach you guys that."

Kya shrugs, and Kayla does the same. "It's because we're twins."

"Yeah, I'm starting to think that, too," Austin chuckles, making Sierra laugh lightly. "C'mon. You guys should go shower and I'll get some lunch for you guys."

"Okay, dad!" Kayla exclaims and runs out of the room, Kya following behind.

"Man, I really gotta stop doubting your kids," Sierra says with a laugh. "They're almost up there with you."

"It's the genes."

"Likely."

Spies of a GenerationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara