eleven

There's a ring on the doorbell while Ally is the only one home, Austin gone overnight on a mission and the girls at school.

This was her first time completely on her own since the girls were born, but she deicides that if she wanted a normal life, she had to deal with normalcy.

Ally goes to the front door and pulls it open, expecting no one in particular but surely not Sierra and Matthew. Her confusion goes away quickly, seeing the huge bump Sierra held on her stomach, and is replacing with awe. "You've gotten so big!" She exclaims, touching her stomach.

Sierra smiles and holds her stomach. "Well, seven months does take a toll on you."

"No way are you seven months! It's been that long?"

Sierra laughs lightly and nods. "Technically, I was two when we left. But it has felt like forever."

The two come inside and Sierra instantly sits down on the couch. Ally looks at her then Matthew, and notices the tension. "So... what's up, exactly?"

"Where's Austin?" Matt asks, avoiding the question.

"On a job," Ally says, raising an eyebrow. "But I asked a question and I'd like an answer."

Matt raises an eyebrow. "Wow. All pregnant women must be persistent."

Ally irks her eyebrow, so Sierra sighs and speaks up, "Someone... someone..." she takes a deep breath. "Someone... tried to kill me two days ago. It has nothing to do with any anything other than the fact that I'm a genius and a threat as far as we know, but it shook us; Matt, Tom, and I. Even my sister who supposedly hates me. I can't really fight this far into my pregnancy and for some reason I've gotten lazy with my brainpower, so I thought it was best I come stay here until I'm back on my feet."

Ally frowns and comes to hug her small body. "I'm so sorry, Erra. Of course you can stay here."

Matthew sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "I still have to go back to headquarters and I'm trying to work up a way that I won't have to," he speaks, taking a seat next to Sierra. "I'm scared she'll go into labor and I'll miss it. I really don't want that."

"You can always go back and come back close to her due date." Ally suggests, rubbing Sierra's back.

Though Matt just sighs and puts his hands in his hair. "No. I don't want to leave her alone. I'm scared."

Ally opens her mouth to respond but there's a voice behind the three adults. "A forewarning would've been nice before you guys decided to pop up."

The three turn around and is met with Austin, dressed in his civvies. Ally smiles and gets up from her spot, sprinting over to hug her husband. Austin embraces her back while still having an eye on his friends.

"So... what's up?" Austin asks, rubbing the skin of Ally's back. "I didn't get an emergency call or anything so I'm assuming this is personal?"

Matt sighs and stands, going up to Austin. "Sierra needs some time off. And I do, too."

Austin raises an eyebrow. "Okay, Sierra's pregnant, so I understand her absence, but why yours?"

"She-She..." Matt takes a breath and squeezes his eyes shut. "She almost got murdered Saturday, alright? And I was almost too late saving her. I-I can't let her out of my sight right now, especially since she's carrying our children. I'm scared someone else will come to attack her."

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" Austin asks darkly, moving from Ally to go to Sierra, who was quiet and not like her usual, snarky self.

"We are now. If we told you when it happened, you'd be on the next flight to Europe and we don't need that extra attention or for someone to get Ally or the girls."