twenty-five

"Mom, do my heels look weird to you?" Kya asks as she strunts into the kitchen with fresh new pair of five-inch heels. "Dad just got these for me and I think I ruined them. One has more of a pink tint and the other has a blue."

Ally chuckles and turns to look at Kayla, who was on the verge of laughing. "Ask your sister."

"I think we swapped our heels," Kayla giggles as she comes forward, having the same mixed-match shoes on. She flips her her blonde hair back as she tried to stop herself from bursting out laughing. "I thought they were purposely differently tinted."

Kya rolls her eyes. She takes off the pink heel while Kayla takes off the blue. The put of the right heels, then Kya turns to her mother. "See why we need separate rooms?"

"You're 18, and you really think I'm gonna give in after all of this time?" Ally asks, leaning on the counter.

"Could be a nice birthday present." Kayla grins happily, leaning against the opposite side.

"So you're saying the cars weren't what you guys wanted? Because I could easily just-"

"I love sharing rooms with my twin sister," Kya interrupts, forcefully grinning as she embraces Kayla. "Even though we have an entire empty upstairs and basement, I would never want to leave our room."

"Good to know." Ally smirks and turns back around to make some coffee.

"Happy birthday." A tired voice says. All three ladies turn around to see a tired-looking Wallie and his sisters smile.

Wallie hugs both of his sisters before climbing in a chair at the counter. "I helped mom and dad setup your party, so that's my gift."

Ally's eyes widen, and so does the girls. Only, Ally's eyes are filled with shock while the girls' are excited. "Wallie, it was a surprise."

"You're throwing us a party?!" Kayla squeals, bouncing in her heels. "Eeek! Where is it? I have to invite everyone!"

"We already invited all of your little friends. The location is still a surprise." Ally sighs, glaring at Wallie, who simply shrugs.

Wallie then looks around and looks confused. "Where's dad and El?"

"Yeah, where's dad? I was waiting for him to lecture me about how small my dress it." Kayla asks, making Kya roll her eyes.

"Now that you mention it, that dress is too small and that's coming from me," Kya says, leaning on her hip. "We're going out to eat and you don't need that short and tight of a dress on. Go change."

Kayla sighs and frowns. "Will you help me do my makeup over, then?"

Kya laughs and nods. "Yeah, just call when you find something."

Kayla clacks her way up the stairs, excited for her birthday.

"Mom, I'm here with Alex!" A voice yells and they all already know it's Ella.

The two enter the kitchen, and Ella stops, seeing her older sister. "You look so pretty!"

Ella comes to embrace her sister and Kya laughs, ruffling her hair. "Thank you, sis."

"Happy birthday." Alex grins happily, coming to hug Kya.

"Thanks, little brother." He was practically her little brother in a sense. They basically grew up in the same household.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you were staying at Sierra's until tonight." Ally questions.

Elle shrugs. "Sierra is running tests and the house smells weird. We're gonna watch some movies in the theater until tonight."